Awesome & Unexpected Gift From A Brother...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Last week I checked out the newly addded "shaving forum" here and got really jacked up about the idea of trying a vintage single blade Gillette.Our own Midnight Blues AKA Danny answed a few questions I had about them.Then later that day he sent me a PM where he graciously offered me one of his vintage Gillette's.I was absolutely blown away! :affraid: He would'nt take anything in return for it,nor would he at least allow me to pay the shipping! Nothing! He'd just send it to me! Totally cool indeed! Well,it arived today and the pics of it did'nt do it justice! It's a stunningly gorgeous piece! along with it came a puck of William's shave soap.The smell of it brought back the most amazing memories of my grandfather who used this brand everyday of his life.

Never doubt for a minute that we have the most amazing group of folks here you could ever meet and I'm damn proud to be one a' ya!

Below is a pic of the razor:

https://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd193/DockJPerry/?action=view&current=doxstuff001.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Best guys in the world here!Congrats on ownership of a beautiful tool,Dock;and congrats on having such a large heart,MB!!
Tony

That is amazingly generous MB.

That's the same shaving soap I use! Which BTW I found out I have been doing things wrong the whole time. Watched some youtube videos on building a proper lather. Tested it out and had one of the best shaves of my life.

Dock wrote:
"...brought back the most amazing memories of my grandfather..."

This conjures up memories of sneeking my first shave with my father's "old Blue Blades" before they became stainless steel. I thought I did quite well in concealing the fact that I just tried out his razor. But I got easily "found out" :lol: . He wasn't amused. :x

I recall having a razor similar to that one... can it be dated? As I remember they were/are quite heavy with the adjustable feature.

nice spirit MB...

:D Paul

Thanks for the kind words guys. Its nice to see the Gillette go to a good home.
And now a recipe for a super lather, Mix your favorite puck soap with your favorite shave cream....

Slow Puffs":wncwqydd said:
Dock wrote:
"...brought back the most amazing memories of my grandfather..."

This conjures up memories of sneeking my first shave with my father's "old Blue Blades" before they became stainless steel. I thought I did quite well in concealing the fact that I just tried out his razor. But I got easily "found out" :lol: . He wasn't amused. :x

I recall having a razor similar to that one... can it be dated? As I remember they were/are quite heavy with the adjustable feature.

nice spirit MB...

:D Paul
Paul, The old Gillettes' are date coded with the year an quarter of manufacture. For example D3 would be 1958 third quarter.

To cool MB,

To add to the MB parade I jokingly asked in chat the other night if he was ready to send meone of his collection, Bro was ready to give one up.

Dock's a class act himself, couldn't of happened to a better guy. I did some horsetrading with him and to say he overgave on his end would be an understatement. I don't see how he makes a living sellin cars, he's way to generous :).

Superlather: As was said mix some soap with your cream. I hit my soap just enough to see a few bubbles then whip away in my mixing bowl with the cream. Only word of caution is to make sure th scents are compatable. Trust me Mentholated Dragons Blood is a freaky smell.