AZ pipe club

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just back from the Dec meeting of the AZ pipe club. I was invited by daveinlax and met him for the first time along with about 15 others. Seems like a great group and I'll plan on joining and attending future meetings.

Kind of a long drive, but on a Sat afternoon it wasn't bad at all. It was held it at a way great smoke shop where they have comfortable surroundings and one can light up cigars or pipes.

Today's theme was Meerschaum pipes, so it was show and tell. I brought my Royal Meer dimpled apple which is just starting to color. Others had some very ornate carvings - one in particular was a bearded figural from the 1800's. And one guy brought an impressive ornate German Meer that was huge!

One of the members brought some '94 McC Xmas Cheer to share and there were several other years on offer. I brought a '10 tinning but didn't end up opening it. And several pouches of Amphora Virginia Blend were offered for sampling. Tried a small bowl of this in my Royal Meer.

I'm happy to join this group as I was a member of the SPC for many years, but  found I couldn't attend the meetings past a certain point due to the location and hours. Now that I'm retired I no longer have that restriction.

So a shout out to daveinlax for inviting me and I'll look forward to future meet-ups!

Cheers,

RR

I'm happy you were able to attend. Your generous offer to sample of the 2010 Christmas Cheer was noted and much appreciated!

Big Sticks is hosting a Pipe Night at 5:00 on Wed, Dec 19th. I have a cigar herf on Saturday night in Tucson so I don't know if I'll drive up but I have a evening PHX airport run on Thursday the 30th so I'll probably stop in to Ye Olde's for their regular Thursday meet up. :shock: