Baby Boom BoB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
Anyone else on the fence about havin' (or adopting!) a kid? :lol!:

Seems like a population explosion is happening suddenly.

Uncle Kyle is too drunk for diaper/bottle duty, but I'll be there to give sage, inebriated advice when they start asking questions.

Rather you guys be havin' 'em than me, gives me at least some hope for humans.

8)

Kyle Weiss":srs3kh5s said:
Anyone else on the fence about havin' (or adopting!) a kid?   :lol!: 

Uncle Kyle is too drunk for diaper/bottle duty, but I'll be there to give sage, inebriated advice when they start asking questions.  

8)
Tell me Kyle, what makes you think anyone wants you, specially drunk to be there child adviser? :fpalm: :lol!: 

Cartaphilus":1a593659 said:
Kyle Weiss":1a593659 said:
Anyone else on the fence about havin' (or adopting!) a kid?   :lol!: 

8)
Tell me Kyle, what makes you think anyone wants you, specially drunk to be there child adviser? :fpalm: :lol!: 
Specially drunk.....anybody got a camera for this shot?

Everybody......and I mean everybody....needs that drunk uncle to liven up family gatherings. I should know.....I've got 3 in my family :lol!: 

FWIW, my contributions to planet repopulation were 14 and 18 years ago. I know the Bible has couples like Abraham and Sarah, Zechariah and Elizabeth, et al. It seems unlikely though...

Sorry bro but I've done my share. I'm done at 5. Drunk uncles are always a hoot though. I've a few in my family too Scottie!

Jim

The wife and I would be happy if we had one. But, we don't necessarily want one right now. I'm still too busy being selfish. A kid would take up too much of my pipe money!

We are starting the process to adopt a 10 year old boy that is in the custody of the state.

Needless to say there were some sort of issues with his family dynamics.

So it is possible I may need to have some conversations with cousin Kyle for some insights into what this young man is thinking....

For the family that can afford it I can't think of a better way for a couple to express their love for each other than to bring a baby or child into their lives to love and cherish. You're doing a good thing. Congradulations to those who have recently made a decision to welcome a child into their family. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

AJ

The perpetually drunken part of my persona here is a ruse, with my stomach problems--I can hardly drink.   :lol: I like to imagine myself constantly pickled, though...so paint my image in your mind any way you'd like.    Still, I don't say no to a generous shot of quality scotch, rye or other whiskey.  

On the other hand, it's usually a good idea to keep kids away from me.   For the same reason being horribly allergic to dogs and cats means I attract them like a magnet, my dismal fear and grief I get from kids as a whole, of course means...THEY LOVE ME!   :D  Or I scare the sh!t out of them, one of the two.  Depends on the age.   Babies stare and cry (helps to be ugly :twisted:), single-digit kids think I'm weird, teenagers love my rebelliousness and detest my wisdom, and anyone past 19 usually pays me no mind.   Once in a while I'll get a friend-parent who insists their kid spends some time around me, because the brat is doing something mom or dad doesn't like, and my "life experience" will scare them straight, or something.   Usually it ends up the kid is pretty cool, has a good grasp on their parents (as we know them) and we just talk about music or something.  The kid goes home, acts a little better just because they got away from mom n dad a little, and someone wasn't berating them.   :lol: 

"You're a miracle worker!  Bobby was good for a whole month!  I don't know what you said Kyle..."

"Well...we discussed how you were tense, bitchy and overbearing...that you're like that as a friend too...but we decided we both love you, forgive you; told Bobby not to be an arsehole and do the best he can where he can...that's it...and let's forget about life's pressures and enjoy the day doing something different."

"You SAID that to HIM?"    

Heh.

I have "dog sat" for people before a couple times.  Take 'em for walks, hang out with the buggers.   Usually when they come back, they say, "What did you do to (insert dog name)?   He's so obedient/good/calm!"

"You both had a vacation, let's just say."  

Parenting of animals/children (one in the same?) isn't about understanding the nature of something, it's about control.   This imbalance creates imbalanced relationships and lifestyles.   So many parents offset this by trying to be their pet's/child's "best friend."   This is the Problem Pendulum swinging to the opposite side.  

What I like to tell is my version of the truth.  "Truth" is not something most children are allowed, because they ought to be controlled, which in the end, is "what's best for them."  (and turns into "their happiness.")   A horse cannot be broken with a whip and rope alone.   Nor sugar cubes and apples.  

It comes down to respect, which is sorely lacking with people today.   Deceit, avoidance of the truth, etc...all lack respect.   Plus, coming from a really terrible upbringing, I got great examples of what NOT to do, but that doesn't mean I want to put that to practice on my own.

Therefore, kids today...as I shake my old man fist...can't stand 'em.   :whiskeyshot:   Arrogant and ill-equipped products of their overpopulated, overprotective, broken world.   I don't feel bad when some kid screams randomly and scares the crap out of me (and hurts my ears), I'll scream back.  The kid gets to do it, but I get a nasty stare?    Sheesh.  Hypocritical.   :lol:

If only all parents would be BoB parents--I trust you guys n gals.

8)

Slide":c7xq0715 said:
We are starting the process to adopt a 10 year old boy that is in the custody of the state.

Needless to say there were some sort of issues with his family dynamics.

So it is possible I may need to have some conversations with cousin Kyle for some insights into what this young man is thinking....
Oh Lord, Don't let him ask Kyle.

Kyle Weiss":t86czs81 said:
The perpetually drunken part of my persona here is a ruse, with my stomach problems--I can hardly drink.   :lol: I like to imagine myself constantly pickled, though...so paint my image in your mind any way you'd like.    Still, I don't say no to a generous shot of quality scotch, rye or other whiskey.  

On the other hand, it's usually a good idea to keep kids away from me.   For the same reason being horribly allergic to dogs and cats means I attract them like a magnet, my dismal fear and grief I get from kids as a whole, of course means...THEY LOVE ME!   :D  Or I scare the sh!t out of them, one of the two.  Depends on the age.   Babies stare and cry (helps to be ugly :twisted:), single-digit kids think I'm weird, teenagers love my rebelliousness and detest my wisdom, and anyone past 19 usually pays me no mind.   Once in a while I'll get a friend-parent who insists their kid spends some time around me, because the brat is doing something mom or dad doesn't like, and my "life experience" will scare them straight, or something.   Usually it ends up the kid is pretty cool, has a good grasp on their parents (as we know them) and we just talk about music or something.  The kid goes home, acts a little better just because they got away from mom n dad a little, and someone wasn't berating them.   :lol: 

"You're a miracle worker!  Bobby was good for a whole month!  I don't know what you said Kyle..."

"Well...we discussed how you were tense, bitchy and overbearing...that you're like that as a friend too...but we decided we both love you, forgive you; told Bobby not to be an arsehole and do the best he can where he can...that's it...and let's forget about life's pressures and enjoy the day doing something different."

"You SAID that to HIM?"    

Heh.

I have "dog sat" for people before a couple times.  Take 'em for walks, hang out with the buggers.   Usually when they come back, they say, "What did you do to (insert dog name)?   He's so obedient/good/calm!"

"You both had a vacation, let's just say."  

Parenting of animals/children (one in the same?) isn't about understanding the nature of something, it's about control.   This imbalance creates imbalanced relationships and lifestyles.   So many parents offset this by trying to be their pet's/child's "best friend."   This is the Problem Pendulum swinging to the opposite side.  

What I like to tell is my version of the truth.  "Truth" is not something most children are allowed, because they ought to be controlled, which in the end, is "what's best for them."  (and turns into "their happiness.")   A horse cannot be broken with a whip and rope alone.   Nor sugar cubes and apples.  

It comes down to respect, which is sorely lacking with people today.   Deceit, avoidance of the truth, etc...all lack respect.    Plus, coming from a really terrible upbringing, I got great examples of what NOT to do, but that doesn't mean I want to put that to practice on my own.  

Therefore, kids today...as I shake my old man fist...can't stand 'em.   :whiskeyshot:   Arrogant and ill-equipped products of their overpopulated, overprotective, broken world.   I don't feel bad when some kid screams randomly and scares the crap out of me (and hurts my ears), I'll scream back.  The kid gets to do it, but I get a nasty stare?    Sheesh.  Hypocritical.   :lol:

8)
Oh Lord,  too late.