Baby Boomer test

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11/20, I don't think that's too bad for a Brit who thinks Pogo was a punk rock dance and that it's always bedtime  :)

Cartaphilus":t26zj8db said:
DrT999":t26zj8db said:
Richard Burley":t26zj8db said:
I am 29, and have been for 39 years.  Got 'em all.  Anyone here know what L/S/M/F/T means?  Or is that too easy with this crowd?  Or do they still use it?
Only because I've heard old Jack Benny radio programs (and have even used some in class)
You smoked in class?  :suspect: 
Some of the radio programs sponsored by that company.

Of course, in grad school in the early 80s, yes, we did smoke in the seminars if the professor did!

DrT999":10v0uab7 said:
Cartaphilus":10v0uab7 said:
DrT999":10v0uab7 said:
Richard Burley":10v0uab7 said:
I am 29, and have been for 39 years.  Got 'em all.  Anyone here know what L/S/M/F/T means?  Or is that too easy with this crowd?  Or do they still use it?
Only because I've heard old Jack Benny radio programs (and have even used some in class)

Of course, in grad school in the early 80s, yes, we did smoke in the seminars if the professor did!
Ah! College.........I walked by one once.

Cartaphilus":ny693dds said:
DrT999":ny693dds said:
Cartaphilus":ny693dds said:
DrT999":ny693dds said:
Richard Burley":ny693dds said:

Ah! College.........I walked by one once.
To bad you didn't attend  :twisted: :twisted: 

Monbla, I just don't have the mind for it and I doubt that it would have made me any better of a truck driver. ;) 

20/20 ...

plus, extra credit for knowing the answer to the question posed by Richard Burley ... alternatively, there WAS a time that I know about, even though it was a bit before 'my time' when jokesters of the day said it meant Lord, Save Me From Truman.

DrT999":jjw59ho9 said:
...in grad school in the early 80s, yes, we did smoke in the seminars if the professor did!
I had an Econ class in an old building that had been built during WW2 to serve as a 'temporary' housing structure for troops at a nearby Army base ... all the hallways and rooms were virtually wallpapered with 'no smoking' signs but even though it was wintertime, the very first thing the prof did was raise a window and light up, inviting anyone who cared to do so to join him ... many of us in the class did just that, even though we all damn near froze to death ... on the plus side, even though the subject matter was pretty dull, no one nodded off.

SteveS":9tlfbobq said:
DrT999":9tlfbobq said:
...in grad school in the early 80s, yes, we did smoke in the seminars if the professor did!  
I had an Econ class in an old building that had been built during WW2 to serve as a 'temporary' housing structure for troops at a nearby Army base ... all the hallways and rooms were virtually wallpapered with 'no smoking' signs but even though it was wintertime, the very first thing the prof did was raise a window and light up, inviting anyone who cared to do so to join him ... many of us in the class did just that, even though we all damn near froze to death ... on the plus side, even though the subject matter was pretty dull, no one nodded off.
After all these years you still haven't figured out why he kept the window open? It's hard to sleep when you're freezing  :twisted: :twisted: 

RonA3597":cdqgs9sm said:
Alternate for LSMFT, Loose strap means floppy titties.
I remember that one myself from the grade school days. Think ours was "flappy tits".

Of course I knew the real abbreviation right away, having seen the TV ads back in the early 60's (when cigs were regularly advertised on TV.)

Cheers,

RR

19/20. LSMFT = Lucky Strike means fine tobacco. Where did "lions, tigers, and bears" come from? Missed it.

O.K., try this: "today is Tuesday, you know what that means?" Next line or where it's from.

Try this: From out of the clear blue of the western sky comes ______ _______."

18/20, born in '91. Don't think I did too shabby! I wasn't sure about Bob Dylan(thought it was 40), and the Peter Pan one.

Laughed at the Brylcreem one; I use the stuff to this day.  :lol!: 

19/20 for this old fart. Dang... Monbla beat me again.  :evil: 

thedeep":8b6tb6zt said:
O.K., try this: "today is Tuesday, you know what that means?" Next line or where it's from.
The only thing this brings to mind is "...it must be Belgium." Kind of a weak association, but in the event I'm right, it's from a movie.