Baby Boomer test

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mickey Mouse Club

"We're gonna have a special guest. So get out the broom and sweep the place clean and dust off the mat so the Welcome can be seen. Roll out the carpet, strike up the band, and give out with a hip hooray. Wiggle your ears like good Mouskateers, we're gonna have a guest today."

God I feel old now!

19/20 - I hated Pogo

I loved Sky King and Penny.

If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium.

Anybody remember Captain Kangaroo and Casey Jones, how about Crusader Rabbit?

My first lust, to the extent that an eight-year-old can lust.  Looking back, I seriously believe she influenced my choices in wimmin-folk over the years: the looks, the manner, the "southern" accent, etc.  Any younger guys know who this is?  I ask because I don't think there are re-runs any more, though I don't know.  I don't own or watch TV.  No fair, old SOBs.

gail-d10.jpg
" />

thedeep":i3cy4sef said:
O.K., try this: "today is Tuesday, you know what that means?" Next line or where it's from.
... tomorrow is Wednesday?

flyguy":nljv4upp said:
It's Gail "Annie Oakley" Davis!
I recognized the Annie Oakley image, but didn't know her real name.

Cartaphilus":nljv4upp said:
I was a big Cpt. Kangaroo fan back in the day. Mr Green Jeans, Bunny Rabbit, Mr. Moose, Grandfather Clock, the ping pong balls, and especially The Banana Man. Also Mighty Mouse. To this day I also remember some of the musical sketches they had complete with melodies. Just have one of those kinds of memories!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ezri7p53 said:
flyguy":ezri7p53 said:

Cartaphilus":ezri7p53 said:
I was a big Cpt. Kangaroo fan back in the day. Mr Green Jeans, Bunny Rabbit, Mr. Moose, Grandfather Clock, the ping pong balls, and especially The Banana Man. Also Mighty Mouse. To this day I also remember some of the musical sketches they had complete with melodies. Just have one of those kinds of memories!

Cheers,

RR
You chaps have got to be making this up...?  :lol!: 

Stick":pzmdmzi3 said:
You chaps have got to be making this up...?  
I lived in the States for a year in the 80s and watched their TV they ain't making it up  :fpalm:

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY...   ADAM!  WHERE ARE YOU?  I need help! Our cousins across the pond have gone off the radar!  Do you think we should tell them about the Clangers with the Soup Dragon and the Iron Chicken.  Or, being that you're from Guz, what about Gus Honey Bun and his birthday bumps?

alandadp":fhnggzkj said:
I was a member of the Tufty Club :!: 

Adam
Ha Ha! You limeys have to be making this stuff up! :lol!: 

Brewdude":gii6cfer said:
flyguy":gii6cfer said:

Cartaphilus":gii6cfer said:

Cheers,

RR
Mr. Moose was a real hoot BD! But, I really like The Casey Jones show and Crusader Rabbit the best I reckon. Crusader Rabbit was a cartoon that I believe (if memory serves me right) that was played either on The Casey Jones show or Capt. Kangaroo. Hard to remember that far back sometimes. But, I do remember sitting on the floor and watching watching Sky King on a  black and white TV eating Bell Brand potato chips when I was about 4 and Superman came on right after I think.
Oh! aand of course Mighty Mouse! "Here I am to save the day".............and that's all I can remember.

alandadp":ajku2w8n said:
Brewdude":ajku2w8n said:
This, from the land that gave us Telletubbies!
We let you see the Telletubbies - is nothing sacred?  :lol!:
Lets face it....they were a bit strange.