Back and ready to puff!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
Hello all! I’m glad to be back! Been a while, so here’s the update, I made it through Basic Training and AIT. They’ve got me based on the East coast... so far from home. My son is still back home in Cali with his mother, he hasn’t handled me being gone so well... the7yr old punk almost got suspended from school on Fri, he decided to threaten the teacher and some of his classmates. He’s working on a 2 1/2page apology that will be turned in Monday... and his mom has grounded him till I don’t know when. he’s totally clueless that he’s stressing me out, but it’s not all on him, I get to have knee surgery on the 22nd, got injured in July and I’m just now getting surgery. Then it’s 3 months of physical therapy... will find out if I can stay in the army sometime around the end of Jan. While lots of fun since I left home Jan 15th. Glad BOBs is still here. I’ll be posting some PADS & TADS soon.

Congrats on completing basic and ait. Hope your medical issues clear up quickly and completely. Where on the east are you stationed?

Thanks guys. They got me based in GA. It’s kinda sad that I miss Ft Lost in the woods... this place would be great if my knee wasn’t all messed up. The fishing here looks awesome! Kinda ironic but bogus, that I bought a 2yr fishing license, and then my knee messed up the next day.

Thank you for your service and hope everything works out and you get some fishing time.

Nick, first off thank you for serving. Second I hope things work out with the boy. I was in a similar boat with my oldest son. It took a lot of hard work but he's grown up to be a great guy. Fishing is what turned him around. Hopefully you can spend some time with him and get him into fishing.

Best wishes
Jim

Glad you "conquered" basic and AIT!! Trust you're family situation will work itself out positively. Yeah, your son is going to miss his Dad; but kids are tough. Sounds like Mom is tougher!!
Now for a geography lesson!! I realize you are from Sacramento (FWIW, I was stationed at Mather AFB in 1969; loved the area!!) and all West Coasters think that long coastline on the Atlantic side of the country is the "East Coast." It ain't :p :p :p If you're in "Gawja," you're "Down South!!" The East Coast is that Yankee Land kinda north of the Chesapeake!! And, yes, the fishin' is great in The Peach State!!
Get to feelin' better, enjoy the fish when you can!! One vet to another...Thank you for your service!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Thank you for serving our country. Hope the knee heels up soon. In CB radio lingo, the East coast used to be referred to as the "dirty side" !!! I had my basic at Ft. Dix, N.J. in the winter. I was never so cold in my life! Best of luck to you.