Back in the game!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Long time BoB’er here....joined in 2009, but stopped smoking a pipe a few years back.  Recently, I have gotten back into the hobby, and just wanted to say a quick hey, and see if any of the old schoolers are still hanging around?  Looking forward to reconnecting with some Brothers and meeting some of the new school crowd as well.  A lot has changed for me since I last posted.  I got married in 2015 and bought a house a few years back as well.  I now have a nice screened in deck to enjoy my pipes on and a nice man cave in the basement that houses my pipe cabinet and my small cellar.  I sold a good deal of my pipes and tobaccos years back, but part of the fun now is finding that my tastes have changed (with pipes and tobaccos).  It’ll be fun to see where TAD and PAD take me this time of around.  :twisted:

Regards,
Scott

Welcome back, brother! I'm kind of a "new school" guy here, but let me be the first to welcome you home. We're always happy to have some fresh blood around these parts, even if it is recycled. :cheers:

Look forward to following your PAD / TAD adventures.

Beagle

Welcome back! I've done the pipe "dropout" often in my life.

Welcome back to the fold. If you’re a Latakia lover, can I suggest finding some Plum Pudding by the Seattle Pipe Club to restart your TAD. It is an exceptionally well balanced blend.

Cheers

Tim

Blackhorse":7pwtzntb said:
Scott!
Haha just sent you a lengthy reply in the Gawith Hoggarth thread that I started, but thanks for remembering me lol! It’s good to be back and hope you are well!

-Scott

Welcome back Scott! Be warned the tobacco landscape has changed a lot since you were last here. Lots of blends are gone, lots of blends are new too. I hope you enjoy your PAD and TAD. If you find something you enjoy stock up it may disappear sooner than you think.

Jim

huffelpuff":qrkbg995 said:
Welcome back Scott! Be warned the tobacco landscape has changed a lot since you were last here. Lots of blends are gone, lots of blends are new too. I hope you enjoy your PAD and TAD. If you find something you enjoy stock up it may disappear sooner than you think.

Jim
That is a good point Jim.  So much has changed since I have been on hiatus from pipe smoking.  McClelland’s closed up shop, Syrian Latakia supply finally ran out, and Faders in Baltimore closed up shop (one of my fave B&M haunts back in the day).  Worse still, many friends from pipe clubs or message forums have since passed away!  It has been wonderful getting back into the hobby, but depressing at the same time.  Also, there are certain pipes and tobaccos that I sold off that I wish I hadn’t, although it has been sort of exciting starting from scratch again and enjoying that feeling of satisfying PAD and TAD needs.  Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome again...this was always my favorite forum, and it is nice to be back again!

-Scott