Back In the Saddle

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Mike

Reaction score
Well, after many months of flying under the radar, I’ve decided to pop up out of my rabbit hole and rejoin the ranks of my fellow BoBs. I see many familiar names on this BB that hopefully will welcome me back into the fold. I’m still here in the Commonwealth of Virginia which is still a tobacco friendly zone and working for Uncle Sugar. In my spare time I can usually be found in my fortress of solitude (basement) enjoying a bowl of “Sunset Rum” and grooving to Muddy Waters, Albert Johnson, Watermelon Slim, or some other old school Bluesman. 8)

Glad you finally made it over here Mike. Good to see you posting again.

:D Paul

Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself. A man that likes old blues can't be bad at all 8) .

LtMac

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

From one virginian to another I say welcome back Mike. I'm originally from the Richmond Area. I'm thinking of starting a petition to make the tobacco leaf the official state flower of VA.

Keep your head down and powder dry Bubba.

FYI: I'm the proud pappy of a Marine Sgt that did a tour in Fallujah and is now in England. 8)

Hey Mike. Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for all the support you provided to my son while he was in Iraq. It was very appreciated by several young Marines. My son is now a SGT (E5) and he recently re-enlisted for another 4 years. He is doing very well and loves the Corps. 8)

Iron Mike":04rksxt7 said:
Hey Mike. Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for all the support you provided to my son while he was in Iraq. It was very appreciated by several young Marines. My son is now a SGT (E5) and he recently re-enlisted for another 4 years. He is doing very well and loves the Corps. 8)
Thank you for all your help and support in the Christmas Care packages. Our son's must be following the same path in life. My son re-enlisted in the Navy and is stationed on the USS Enterprise. He too is a E-5 (I think that is a 2nd class Petty Officer in the Navy). The ship is going through a refit and is based out of Norfolk. Wish your son well for me and tell him I said hello and thanks.