Back on the Pipe in Boston....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzman

Reaction score
After a five year jaunt into cigars, I found what I had left of my pipes and fell back in love with pipesmoking again. Good timing because the cigars ain't cheap, and I've always extolled the cost effectiveness of smoking pipes.

Ofcourse, that's when the  you feel the PAD coming on and between the new pipes your watching and the new blends you buy, you probably didn't save all that much money.

However, I've found no better group of people than in these ranks over the years. I'm proud to say Doc Perry and Ken Collins (RIP) brought me to this forum and I'm glad they did.

Not much has changed, I see Darkhorse and others are still doing a great job.

I see there's still no FVF around ( or any SG for that matter). Same for Penzance. And could someone fill me in on McClellands?

Looking forward to trying a couple of GLP blends. Heard that some of these John Patton's blends are great too.

I'm a former member of the SHPC of Boston so if you're from there hit me up, I'd love to chat. They seem to be getting on great as well.

Thanks guys- Mike

Welcome back to pipes! I recently found myself preferring pipes over cigars as well. Yes McClelland has shut down, quite recently.

Thanks for the update and the welcome. There are still a couple other thou :cheers: sand blends or so out there, so I best get smokin'.
:cheers:

Welcome back. I did the same thing. I always loved pipe tobacco over cigars but social situation found me smoking more cigars. With the stress this year I was chain smoking $10 cigars. Cannot keep that up! Pretty much now a 95% pipe smoker and 5% limited release cigars.

Welcome back brother!

I joined while you were away, so I have not yet had the opportunity to meet you. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir. I'll look forward to some of your future posts. Im curious to hear your thoughts on some of the new (or new to you) blends that you try. If you're looking for a sample of anything in particular, let me know. Perhaps I can oblige you, especially if it falls in the VA, or VaPer category.

Best,

BB

No I'm a guitar man, but I always liked that character from the Simpson's Bleeding' Gums Murphy.( He's the action figure in my pic).

:santa: