Back to the hood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Well the Occhio Dr Pernice was the last pipe in the Castello group until the one I have on order arrives.

With the rain coming off and on and the wind picking up we're back to hooded pipes.

This next pipe is called the Shipmate, made in England by Fribourg & Treyer for Abercrombie & Fitch.

It is one of several different finishes made for A&F over the years in limited numbers, there were several pipe companies that made pipes for F&T over the years but the Shipmate is not one which I could identify the maker.

It is a good smoking pipe and the hood does an excellent job for wat it was designed to do so I'm keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut.
banjo

35064287514_54e332575d_z_d.jpg

Look to the left of the bowl just before the half way point and you will see the seam and be able to follow it as it goes under and around toward the rear.
banjo

Perfect pipe for those rainy days!! The craftsmanship is so good if you did not point out the seam it's hardly noticeable.
Stay dry and keep it " SMOKEY "!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Looks like the best of craftsmanship. Is it an easy thing to put the cap on after lighting? No futzing and fumbling about?

Zeno, it rolls, maybe swings is a better word, back to the shank on the pins, you load it, light it and tamp then push it back and it stops in place. It's definitely a lot cooler than a metal cap is to move unless you have good callouses on your thumb or finger.
banjo

Ah, right. Thank you. I've seen those in two-tone and smooth. I like the blast a lot better.

I agree the two tone ones were kind of meh for me but this one was much more interesting and it smokes very well.
banjo

Zeno Marx":yxfhv0tn said:
Ah, right.  Thank you.  I've seen those in two-tone and smooth.  I like the blast a lot better.