Backatcha Peeb...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Narco corridos!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CwaiCriEIXw" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jlZQiVLoZMs" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Quite familiar with the sound. l'm not familiar with the individual bands and songs.. The 'Mexicans' play that stuff all the time. I like the noise but I have no clue what most of it says.
I'd like the second one more without the video.. We don't have city police like that here...lol.

The "Mexicans" are also Guatemalan, Argentinans, etc etc etc.

Yeah, I've always figured as much.. I first heard it out in LA 20 years ago..

I catch a few words here and there but I'm far from proficient in the language.

It will be interesting to see how the U.S. Reacts to it when it gets just a little more main stream... We haven't blinked at the completely open border, the rampant gang activity, etc.. But you can bet your ass there will be a major stink raised the first time little white girl Anne is listening to it and Momma (who took Spanish in high school) catches a few words. Lol. The American people will elect Tipper Gore president.

Up here in N. Texas and even down in the San Antonio area where my sister lives, all the Chicano radio stations will not play Narco Corrido music any more, my neighbor across the street and his bros play it all the time while they are putting on 5k's worth of wheels and tires on their beat up '95 civics !! Makes sense to me :twisted: :twisted:

A lot of stations have vowed not to play the music here, too. It's got a huge underground following, though, and pushes the same buttons among polite society that the Gangsta Rap did back in the late 80s and 90s up in the U.S. Some even suggest that a lot of the artists are financed by the cartels themselves to launder money. Not a far fetched idea at all.

There was a Narco Corrido in an episode of Breaking Bad that was done specifically for the series, so it's already in mainstream US culture, sorry to say...

Hick Hop, on the other hand, doesn't seem to glorify anything negative as far as I can tell. That's refreshing!

Oh but you are mistaken. Hick Hop is evil! They drive big gas guzzlers and (gulp) diesels showing no concern for Mother Earth and global warming... Most of the artist are killing our children by glorifying smokeless tobacco use, everyday 14,897 children die from second hand spit from that nasty weed... And I've seen guns on the videos!!!!! GUNS DAMNIT! Then They objectify women as domestic partners instead of enlightened, career oriented, and sexually liberated, This stuff needs to be banned! It's hideous and it's killing women and children.