Bad Day?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgoldberg

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever had a day where every tobacco you tried tasted bad? That's me today. Everything tastes bitter and metallic. Not food, just the tobacco.

Anyone relate to that?

Another couple of things I realized; I clean my pipes with 91% rubbing alcohol, which is what I've heard is recommended. But maybe I shouldn't smoke one 5 minutes after I clean it?

On Friday (the day before my taste went 'blechh!') I tried some of the Taco Bell "Diablo" sauce. I can take a lot of heat, so it wasn't the spice, but it did have kind of a vile flavor. I noticed the 'vileness' was with me for some time. Wondering if it left my tongue stained for the weekend. I had kind of a 'dead' zone right in the middle, which finally went away yesterday. Before that, even sucking on an unlit pipe wasn't good. Today I loaded one and it's great. Will take a break from work later and give some Eight State Burley a whirl.

Happens sometime to me but it is usually my poor pipe cleaning or there lack of , I use this stuff I got from 4noggins its pretty good.

1686174713804.png