Balkan taste??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry folks, I hit submit when I meant to hit review. Well, the deed is done, the dye is cast. I ask for your tolerance for my poor writing in the previous post. I'll let it go, now.

TC

Well done Tom! You gave your own findings and feelings in a well thought out manner, and since this is such a grey area, would be hard to argue against anything you said. I think that the only way we could get a consensus would be to get several blenders and manufacturers to tell us specifically what they do put in a balkan that is different from what they put in an english that gets the term Balkan put on the tin.

PD,

First, you are too kind, but thank you for your encouraging words.

Second, I think your suggestion would be optimal, but I suspect that will never happen. Perhaps it will just be what the current usage of the term happens to be, like what happens with dictionaries. meanings of words change over time.

TC

Tom,

great stuff here. The 3rd time I am reasding it now. I do have a tin oh yenjde highlander I am getting ready to open and try. I'll post when I bet to saomple a few bowls.
I am just wondering what it WAS that my palette balked at. What aspect of the Oriental? I do seem to like latakia ( English Stout as a light blend, and Zdunhll Nitecap as fuller. I also enjoyed Odyssey). maybe I do not care for Oriental leaves??

that settles it: i am opening the tin of Highlander tonight! (cracking it open as we I type...almost).