Baseball Opening Day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Watching Twins vs. Brewers. Game's in Milwaukee. I'd forgotten how slow moving baseball can be. The Twins' TV main announcer refuses to change his approach regardless of widespread criticism. He continues to do a radio play by play even though viewers are watching the game with all the graphics on the screen. The broadcast team is in Minneapolis, also watching the game on TV.
The average age of a major league baseball fan is 57. Younger sports fans want a fast moving game and announcers who informally converse during the game, as though they're with you in your living room.
It's already taken an hour and ten minutes and the third inning isn't over.

Last edited:
I wondered why PBS was running the great Burns documentary. I try not to pay attention to sports too much. Great documentary. It's worth the major project it is to watch it.

If offered the job as batboy for the MN Twins at no pay, I'd take the job in a heartbeat.

Now, if baseball can only figure out how to get the pitchers to get on the mound, and for the batters to not have to re-adjust their gloves, their batting gadgets on their fingers, re-adjust their helmets, and farting around in the batter's box after every single pitch. They have more crap on their hands and arms to adjust than football linemen. Drives me nuts after an inning or two.

And what is up with this spitball thing going on in baseball. Young pitchers talking about using muscles they never used before because they've ALWAYS pitched with sticky stuff of some sort on their fingers so they could get more spin. What the heck? Baseball has known about this for how many years, and now they're doing something about it because the batting averages and scoring is so down? Am I wrong? Wasn't this called a spitball in past decades, and for it to be OK for many years? How is that any different than steroid use or bat plugs or any other form of cheating? I can't believe baseball knew about it and did nothing, and now because it is hurting revenue, NOW they do something?

Sports have a lot of problems, but the lack of integrity in these games just baffles me.