Bass Ackwards football season

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feazelle-n-it

Reaction score
I'm a huge Baltimore Ravens fan and I have to say that I'm totally surprised with the way this season is shaping up around the league. Is anyone else surprised?

Surprised that the Falcons and Saints are struggling so badly. Surprised that the Browns are doing so well and that the Bengals are so bad, given the talent on that team. Niners have gone from repeat conference championship game attendees to probably won't make the playoffs with a couple more losses, which looks likely. Carson Palmer goes down and we'll see if their backup can do what Mark Sanchez is doing in Philly. Meanwhile Seahawks, Packers and Lions are waiting in the wings, drooling over the division leaders going to backup QB's.

Plenty of drama.

Well said. It's like someone took the NFL and turned it upside down. The Browns is the biggest shocker for me. And Baltimore is last place. WTF.

It's not that my beloved Browns are so awesome (but they would be undefeated if you changed the last 1 minute of play in their losses) it's that AFC North just really sucks this year... Besides they should be awesome considering they've got the overall first pick fourteen years in a row. Lol.

I really don't know what it is but I'm loving it. But I do know there's a whole lot of season left.

No, your Browns are pretty stout. Just need to finish strong like they did with the Bengals. And you're right about all those first round picks... they should have been better a long time ago.

What blows me away is all the upsets taking place this year. The biggest shocker to me was Dallas going to Seattle and beating them!?!?!?! WTF!! It really goes to show ya that anything can happen on any given Sunday. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the ride because my Ravens look like they're out.

I just hope the EFFING Steelers take a nose dive the rest of the season like they did with the Jets. I love watching games like that, right puros?

Where's the Ravens D? The Steelers Run Game? The Bengals air attack?  AFC North is all messed up.

The Browns are 13th overall Offense and 27th overall Defense.   I'm not sure how stout that is.. Don't get me wrong I'm loving where they are right now but I'm not drinking the 'We're winners' kool aide just yet. The irony being in my avatar I'm wearing my browns sweatshirt.

MY Carolina Panthers are the NFL South champs and with a loosing record (7-8-1). This shouldn't be allowed to happen, but we'll take it. We should be in good shape for at least the first round of the play-offs against Arizona. They're the better team on paper. However, they are injured and slumping while we're healthy and peaking.

puros_bran":2anxobou said:
Don't get me wrong I'm loving where they are right now but I'm not drinking the 'We're winners' kool aide just yet. The irony being in my avatar I'm wearing my browns sweatshirt.
We do exactly two things well - coaching carousels and quarterback controversies.

I've watched these guys long enough to know better than to have my hopes up after another "promising" last place finish.

Well considering the fact that the real Browns are playing in Baltimore, Cleveland already has two Super Bowl titles.  :D

No worries, I am a long-suffering Eagles fan. Now there's a team that can't quite put all the necessary pieces together. ;) There's many different shades of suck, but when you mix them all together they seem to make Eagles green.

We love backing into the playoffs, tomorrow night should be interesting in Pittsburgh.

Im not buying the new Browns"..... Baltimore really has three Superbowl titles if you add in the Colts win.