Beard Product

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistleoak

Reaction score
So one rule in my house with me having a beard is it has to smell good at all times and be soft.  I love Blades Grim products, has anyone else tried these ?

Given as we bearded fellows get bent over the barrel by the beard grooming market, I actually use this product Argan oil  I find the scent mild and non offensive. I have tried a lot of products, and have found it to be a great value for my money.

YMMV

Holy crap! Good call. We always have that in our house as my wife uses it in her hair! NEVER thought of pirating some of it from her

Thistleoak":0420hj9x said:
Holy crap! Good call.  We always have that in our house as my wife uses it in her hair!  NEVER thought of pirating some of it from her
Give it a trial run, hope you like it!

If not I use roasted garlic and extra virgin olive oil filtered. When I was younger I had a beard for quite some time and seemed to attract Italian women. They'd say to me " ah, your aroma makes me feel like I'm home again .! That's the time I'd say...okay let's go home. It worked many times. Just a light scent...not like garlic bread...lol.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":lirpb4b3 said:
If not I use roasted garlic and extra virgin olive oil filtered. When I was younger I had a beard for quite some time and seemed to attract Italian women. They'd say to me " ah, your aroma makes me feel like I'm home again .! That's the time I'd say...okay let's go home. It worked many times. Just a light scent...not like garlic bread...lol.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I really think I like this idea... not only will I smell delicious , I'll be irresistible to my polish girl, and vampires will stay away! How did you scent the oil of garlic?

Oven roasted garlic at a low temp..200 degrees for at least 3 hours. I used a garlic press thru fine cheesecloth directly into the warm extra virgin olive oil. Made a light scent. Real easy to roll a handlebar to the old stash. You don't bathe in it...lol. Use sparingly :cheers:

PS, remember roasted garlic is sweet so it brings out the aroma of its natural sugars.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I took Fatmans advice and used Argon oil in my beard this morning. Worked like a charm! Super smooth and my beard is baby soft!

Jim, I've used almond oil and I enjoy the aroma and it does the job.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Ted, the wife really likes the smell of almond I personally can't smell it myself. Even as an extract its lost on me. Its also a great carrier oil for essential oils you like the smell of. Occasionally I'll add oil of bergamot or if I have a cold some eucalyptus oil.

Jim

Sorry gents, I guess I don't get the idea of using beard oil.

I've had a beard since I was 17 (with a few short exceptions - never to be repeated) and never thought to use anything on it, except scissors to trim it up. Just wash it in the shower along with my face.

Frankly the idea seems weird to me. But then again I don't use anything but the cheapest shampoo on my hair (not that there's much left) and I try and use the least scented ones. Dislike anything else.

And I'm not looking to appeal to SWMBO. Don't have one of those. So there ya go! Have some fun wit dat!

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude, I totally respect that, but something about my beard smelling amazing, even if its just for me is.... jen ae sais quoi

If I don't use beard oil my beard gets dry as dust and I have flaking from my skin. It really seems to help moisturize my skin more than anything for the beard. Looks bad to wear a nice black shirt and have white dandruff all over it from a flaky beard. :lol:

A simple, everyday life lesson that was reaffirmed with shaving soaps: not everyone is the same. It seems to be one of the more difficult lessons to learn, though. What is good enough for me isn't necessarily good enough for everyone else. The same soap that makes my face feel like dry, cracked mud makes someone else's face feel soft and relieved.

I've also had a beard for decades, of various lengths. My experience...MY EXPERIENCE...is that my beard requires nothing special...until it gets to this unknown length, and then it gets wiry and scratchy and uncomfortable. One day I don't need nothing, and the next day, it needs some conditioning help. BAM! The hair changes. Don't know why. I act accordingly.

Zeno Marx":loffr601 said:
A simple, everyday life lesson that was reaffirmed with shaving soaps:  not everyone is the same.  It seems to be one of the more difficult lessons to learn, though.  What is good enough for me isn't necessarily good enough for everyone else.  The same soap that makes my face feel like dry, cracked mud makes someone else's face feel soft and relieved.

I've also had a beard for decades, of various lengths.  My experience...MY EXPERIENCE...is that my beard requires nothing special...until it gets to this unknown length, and then it gets wiry and scratchy and uncomfortable.  One day I don't need nothing, and the next day, it needs some conditioning help.  BAM!  The hair changes.  Don't know why.  I act accordingly.
I agree usually happens to me mid winter... I'm fine then BOOM!

I seriously could not use beard oil on a daily basis. If I use anything on it more than 2-3 times a year it would be highly irregular. It seems to me that the general lack of humidity and high winds here are what drives me to use anything at all. The combination promotes chapped skin and I'm more inclined to put oil on it than go out shopping for face creams.

Jim

huffelpuff":92gfmnj2 said:
I seriously could not use beard oil on a daily basis. If I use anything on it more than 2-3 times a year it would be highly irregular. It seems to me that the general lack of humidity and high winds here are what drives me to use anything at all. The combination promotes chapped skin and I'm more inclined to put oil on it than go out shopping for face creams.

Jim
I don't use the oil daily, I use it about every other Monday, in between Guitarmyfriend got me started using Honest Amish beard wax, he says it helped to soften his beard... I'm not sure if it is having the same effect on mine.... but my beard now sheds water like it's rolling off a ducks back.... :lol!: maybe if it doesn't work on my beard I can apply it to the leaky spot in my deer blind roof :scratch: