Beat the Heat By Bringing It! (August Bombing Run)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
Greetings to all pilots!

I am calling upon your forces once more! As a squadron we completed a fantastic run in July. Let's make it a little hotter for a special target in August!

If you are flying with us this month, step up, speak up, and post your intent to join us.

Target date will be August 31st. Make sure your calendars allow you to participate!

- Co-Commander K

I'm respectfully submitting a leave pass for this mission, Ma'am.  2 weeks in Normandy and a cottage with lack of comms is going to make it a little tricky.  I'll be with the Sqn in spirit.

Roster to date:

1. Kaitlyn3837
2. BriarBeagle
3. DrT999
4. Drumsandbeer
5. Timbo
6. Fr_Tom
7. Blackhorse

History Prof 1861":ukhnkma3 said:
I will give this a try as a trainee member

Please give me some direction for a success drop

You need to be approved for “membership”. Please PM either of the co-commanders for information, etc.

1. Kaitlyn
2. Ozark Wizard

GeoffC":3wudjs2f said:
New to the bombing run but I can be your 5 O'Clock Charlie

Geoff - great that you want to join in the fun. You need approval for entry from a Commander, like Ozark Wizard. PM him and relate your motivations to want to do this and whatever else. He’s the one to add you to the mission roster.

This is cool. We’ve had several potential new pilots wanting to join the Squadron. For them and any other folks wanting to join the fun, here’s a few things to ponder:

1. Entry to the Squadron is not automatic. You need to be admitted by a Commander.
2. Ask to join by sending a PM to Ozark Wizard and telling him your reason(s) for wanting in.
3. Generally, joining up is not a one time, single mission, thing. It is expected that once in you will stick with us. It’s the “a member is a member” thing.
4. Sure you can miss monthly missions, most pilots do on occasion. If you need to have a ‘by’ just post that you can’t fly that mission. Some guys have been gone for a year...but the door is always open for regaining flight status.
5. Why so snooty? Keep in mind that we are giving out personal addresses of forum members to pilots. That’s a sacred trust. We just want to ensure that members are there for the right reasons, will not abuse our trust, etc.

Over and Out.

Blackhorse":2xf9xtf8 said:
GeoffC":2xf9xtf8 said:
New to the bombing run but I can be your 5 O'Clock Charlie

Geoff - great that you want to join in the fun. You need approval for entry from a Commander, like Ozark Wizard. PM him and relate your motivations to want to do this and whatever else. He’s the one to add you to the mission roster.
PM sent to both

Both newbies have been approved for this month's run! Give them a good ribbing to welcome them to the squadron!

Orders should be going out tomorrow!