Beat the Heat By Bringing It! (August Bombing Run)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Mama!

Sneaked out of the bunker to check for survivors and was nearly taken out by a Big Brown Bomber. Sneaky.

So here’s the current running total. Individual bombs are separated by dashed horizontal lines (duh.)...

In rough order of receipt:

1. One tin Irish Flake
2. One pack Straus pipe cleaner
——————
3. Brasstown Sea Salt Craft Chocolate Bar 62%
4. Brasstown Milk Chocolate Craft Chocolate Bar 45%
5.;Ms. Mary’s Special Seasoning (shaker jar)
6. GH Dark Flake Licorice (2 Oz bulk)
7. GH Sweet Maple Twist (2 Oz bulk)
8. One tin St. Bruno Flake
9. One tin SG Kendal Mayor’s Collection Chocolate Flake
——————
10. Calliope’s Choice
11. Two packs pipe cleaners
——————
12. Six packs pipe cleaners
13. GH Kendal #7 (One Quarter Pound)
——————
14. One pack pipe cleaners
15. Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake (2 Oz bulk)
16. One tin SG Black XX Finest Kendal Twist
17. One Large Missouri Meerschaum Bent Cob
——————
18. Arango Balkan Supreme (One Half Pound)
——————

Attack Run Number Three!

I’m going to re-list from #1 again...you can figure things out easily enough.

Total damage as of 4:30 pm Pacific Time USA...

1. One tin Irish Flake
2. One pack Straus pipe cleaners
——————
3. Brasstown Sea Salt Craft Chocolate Bar 62%
4. Brasstown Milk Chocolate Craft Chocolate Bar 45%
5.;Ms. Mary’s Special Seasoning (shaker jar)
6. GH Dark Flake Licorice (2 Oz bulk)
7. GH Sweet Maple Twist (2 Oz bulk)
8. One tin St. Bruno Flake
9. One tin SG Kendal Mayor’s Collection Chocolate Flake
——————
10. Calliope’s Choice
11. Two packs pipe cleaners
——————
12. Six packs pipe cleaners
13. GH Kendal #7 (One Quarter Pound)
——————
14. One pack pipe cleaners
15. Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake (2 Oz bulk)
16. One tin SG Black XX Finest Kendal Twist
17. One Large Missouri Meerschaum Bent Cob
——————
18. Arango Balkan Supreme (One Half Pound)
——————
19. John Patton Stormfront (3.5 Oz bulk)
20. John Patton Crossroads (5 Oz bulk)
——————
21. Sebastian Beo straight blasted bulldog (group 3-4) A real beauty!
22. Five unique, exciting and exotic cigars...from double claro to Semois!
23. One tin War Horse Bar Red (1.75 Oz)
24. One tin Irish Flake (circa 2006!)
——————
25. Drum Shaker (hand made in S Africa)
26. Three boutique cigars (high end)
27. Home made Beef Terriyaki Jerky (started as about a pound...getting lighter all the time)
28. One Main Street Pipers American Pride (sampler)
29. One Ketel One shot glass
30. One Borkum Riff chrome field pipe rest
31. One Captain Black pipe tool
——————
Self Induced Hit Listed Below...
32. Low Country Natural Virginia & Oriental 2oz
33. Low Country Natural Virginia & Burley 2oz
34. Kramer's Extra Smooth 2oz
35. Cornell & Diehl Virginia Gentleman 2oz
36. Cornell & Diehl Oriental Silk. 2oz
—————-

A whopping three dozen. Gonna hafta rent a storage unit!

BriarBeagle":4n486uan said:
Well...I think I've identified the impact point of BH's diversion bomb...

:shock:
MUAHAHAHA!

Thanks for taking one for the team ;)

OK...I count nine bombs which should end the incoming missions. Whew!

This has been both terrifying and exciting. No small animals were injured.
It was so stimulating I was even spurred to a purchase of my own...so I’ve added that as a self-induced hit.

I’m outside today, stripping a deck in prep for staining.
But I’ll get it together and do some ‘photo evidence’ in the next few days.

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your evil deeds.
Mostly because of the bandages and the cast.
Be that as it may you all have my very sincere thanks.

Box number two is a little lighter. While doing the deck prep thing, getting ready to re-stain (using deck cleaning sol’n., heavy nylon bristle scrubber, one gallon pump sprayer, hose with high pressure nozzle and a bad ass attitude) I loaded up a full bent, blasted, naked acorn made by one of the bro’s here with some of the ordinance from this strike...some GH Sweet Maple Twist. Much beloved and sometimes hard to find.

But not right now...cause one of y’all sent me a fat chunk. Yippie Ki Yea!

Even the most odious of tasks is made semi agreeable by the infusion of some good Twist.

Blackhorse":l7tpo259 said:
Box number two is a little lighter. While doing the deck prep thing, getting ready to re-stain (using deck cleaning sol’n., heavy nylon bristle scrubber, one gallon pump sprayer, hose with high pressure nozzle and a bad ass attitude) I loaded up a full bent, blasted, naked acorn made by one of the bro’s here with some of the ordinance from this strike...some GH Sweet Maple Twist. Much beloved and sometimes hard to find.

But not ight now...cause one of y’all sent me a fat chunk. Yippie Ki Yea!

Even the most odious of tasks is made semi agreeable by the infusion of some good Twist.
Careful using power tools smoking that stuff! :drunken:

OK...done racing the weather. The big deck (about 800 sq ft) has had it...meaning first a good cleaning and second, a pressure washing. Then yesterday (third) I applied the first coat of Olympic Elite Stain. Color = Dark Ash. I say the “first” coat since Olympic suggests two light coats.  But I may not...as I’ve been racing the weather to finish as much as I have. I’ve got several more days in the high 80’s ahead of me, then it’s supposed to cool significantly and start raining. Here, the rain could easily just keep going...til July, or so. Or, it could be a mere dip of low pressure passing through and then a high could get pushed up from California and it could be warm for another couple of weeks or even a month. Fall is like that. El Niño si vs El Niño no. So I bagged the light coat thing and put on a “normal” application. Then, if we get another shot of extended warm weather I might do another layer or wait til Spring. Who knows. Adventures in Oregon weather. So exciting. Making decks great again.

So now...electrician arriving at 8:30am this morning to hard wire three chandeliers and a thermostat, plus some new plugs here and there.

Be all that as it may...the reason for putting off the photo evidence of “the big hit” here is done. The deck is “done”, the EMT’s are gone and I’ve been cleared for duty. Sorry for the delay. Couldn’t be helped.

So later this morning I’ll do a “shoot and post” so you can see I wasn’t lying about the goods I recovered from the burning hulk of my digs.

Anyway...see ya then. TTFN.

OK you mugs. Here it is. There are two wide shots that are similar...just changed the color temp a bit to better show the good...andbone closer in. Not claiming to be a photographer...just a recorder of gotten goodies.

Edit: The big pack of home made teriyaki beef jerky is not shown in any of the photos. Too much hassle. I would have had to drive in to where my wife works and steal it back! :lol:

Hoooooweeeee Dave. That's one heck of a bashing you took there. Well done for taking it so well ;) and top marks to the last month's Sqn.

I don’t know which one of y’all it was that sent me the tin of SG Black XX Twist. It’s been a really long time since I tried it. But I popped the tin today as I was getting the flotsam and jetsam off the yard and back onto the freshly stained deck (Ahhhhhh) and lit it up in an Italian Lorenzo New Era full bent (another of the ‘basket pipes’ I’ve collected over the years that smoke far beyond their cost, making them ideal ‘work pipes’). The Lorenzo is actually a fair bit better than a basket pipe but you get the idea.

Anyway, back to the Sam Gawith XX.  It was much sweeter than I recall. But I might be thinking of the cousin’s (Gawith Hogarth & Co.) Black Irish XXX which is a rope using some nasty necrotic leaf and treatment that only a Zombie could love. I really liked the SG Black XX Twist.

About 4 years ago our own JimInks reviewed it, saying: “You get the taste of a boldly strong, earthy, fairly floral Virginia that also offers some dried and fermented dark fruit, a bit of spice, and a touch of cigar.”  He, and every other reviewer, warns about the strength. After a breakfast of French toast, turkey bacon and some Starbucks Morning Blend I had no trouble with my group 4-5 bowl...which took a zillion relights. But it was worth every one.

So thanks whomever it was that sent it my way. I love good surprises!