been a while...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmansmokingpipe

Reaction score
was a member a while ago - and i do not remember my user name. been a strange couple of years, but came back to the fold.

a question i do have is that it seems like the 2 forums i used to belong are very slow to dead even. what is happening?

Welcome back.
In answer to your question. I know I belong to a couple other forums and this one seems to have the highest activity level and honestly the most engaging people. The others are slow to respond and at times even stand offish. So I find myself spending most of my time here.

Thanks! I know what you mean. One of the reasons i kind of left the forum scene plus other schedule stuff

Well I hope you manage to reconect with some old friends and make some new ones. I have to say the folks here are good people and have been very helpful with any questions. Anyway once more welcome back.

Welcome back to the Brotherhood, and may whatever god you believe in have mercy on your soul!

Thanks Wizard - not to be a wise-ass - but why should he have mercy on my soul?  I did nothing wrong.

You must be talking about SmokersForums.co.uk, they suffered a couple of major crashes and it's now a shadow of what it was. :shock:

Dave - i had a few great friends there way back - but now - the ones that were really good are very aloof.  Not even a greetings!  and seems like near zero activity too.  I have agree - some were snobs; however i just stayed away from those people.  Too bad.

edit: p.s. boy did my candor open up a can of worms...

Welcome back to the fold yunusmeer. This board has been consistently superb in my few years hanging out with the chaps. Like any organisation, it's the people that make it.

Pleased to re-make your acquaintance yunusmeer. If you can remember your old username it's possible we've exchanged views here. Hope you find the board to your liking this go around.

Cheers,

RR

yunusmeer":wtjo7rkv said:
Thanks Wizard - not to be a wise-ass - but why should he have mercy on my soul?  I did nothing wrong.
Wrong doing is not necessarily a prerequisite to being offered Mercy................

(Though me thinks thou doth protest too much)

:lol!:

sorry - possibly a philosophical clash in re: to my belief system.
'mercy' is not a factor in it. Zen Buddhist.

yunusmeer":ibpo3dg6 said:
sorry - possibly a philosophical clash in re: to my belief system.
'mercy' is not a factor in it.  Zen Buddhist.
Sorry. I understood mercy as defined as compassion. In my studies of philosophies, I was under the impression Zen allowed for some compassion. Perhaps I was thinking of Dao. I suppose Mahayana Buddhism is another offshoot. My mistake. Too much Alan Watts, I suppose............

SO........... I will restate my welcome........

May your perception of the Whole be as one with the perceived conception of the universe in it's search for Zen, without the use of Za-Zen. You have a better chance of polishing a brick than attaining enlightenment sitting like a pretzel. (Be kind to yourself)

Wizard... No big deal. My Misunderstanding. Compassion is fine and great! Avolokitesvara! Kannon/Kwannon. the 10 verse sutra.

I took as from the Christian sense as 'May God have mercy on you you wretched soul...' THAT I have a very hard time with - or shall i say - i just refuse to acknowledge such thoughts.

We are cool and thanks for the double warm welcome!!!!! :lol: