Been one heck of a summer for me

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_In_MO

Smoker of Fine Aromatics
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well all, it's been one hell of a spring/summer for me.  Many of you know I got into the lawn care business a while back, and have been working on growing the business.  

Luckily i've been roughly doubling the amount of business I have each year, and this year was no exception.  I actually had to cut back to 3 days a week at the store for a while, and just now am only back to 4-days a week. Granted I try to take off Sundays so I have at least 1 day a week off, but even that doesn't always work. I haven't even been flying my RC Planes very much this year as a result of mowing & working at the store.

I added a 42" Zero-Turn mower to my fleet this spring, and it's made the biggest difference of all.  My father also gave me a 12' tilt trailer, I only had to replace the wood decking on it.

Now that it has finally quit raining here and the grass has slowed down, I now have more time available.

(some of you also know I took an intentional break from BoB for another reason, but that was stupid of me and somewhat childish - but all I can do is try to make things right from here on out)

While it's only a 42" Z-turn, it's the perfect size for what I  do - which is small to med. residential work.
For the technically curious, Big Dog mowers are made by Excell corp - the same company that makes Hustler mowers.  Same frame, same deck, same engine, just not all of the bells & whistles. A more familiar comparison would be like a Ford Expedition & a Lincoln Navigator.

Hey - we all had to start somewhere.  8)

big_do11.jpg

Great to see ya Rob! It's been a while, but sounds like your business is really picking up. Just keep your toes out from under the mower, and your fingers out of the props in the planes... :albino:

One of these days maybe Harlock will pay us a visit again. Dude's been off the grid for years now. :scratch:

Hey Rob,

Good to see you back around these parts. 8)

Congrats to you on your fruitful business..

Always good to see one of the gang return to the fold. And very pleased to hear you're thriving in the new biz.

Missed ya Rob, ya big galoot. Now c'mere and gimme a big hug...

Cheers,

RR

gir__im_gonna_hug_you_by_planb23d2y8zvo.jpg

This is so AWESOME, both Rob & Kyle are back, man I think I'm gonna cry with joy. :)

Rob_In_MO":fhn7ias7 said:
Now don't go getting all emotional, Kirk. :lol:

Good to talk with you too, Sir!

Can't promise anything Buddy but I'll sure try... :)

Great to see you back Rob! When you find time, come post up in the music forum again too!

George Kaplan":31flbrmw said:
You mean the "What is Dutch listening to" thread?
George, doesn't the music selection encourage you to post more often? I could use some new suggestions myself! :lol:

You were on a roll with Lake Street Dive! 8)

Good to see you posting again Rob. Glad your business is taking off and I like the looks of your mower. How many times have you popped a wheely? Oh, how about taking the time to fly your RC planes and post some videos. I've really missed watching them. :)

AJ

Will do, Ajn.

Surprisingly that Z-turn is very stable and you really have to try to wheelie.  With the low center of gravity and wide stance it does great on hills and slopes - much better than a standard riding mower.

As far as videos, I need to get  another camera but it's on my to-do list.

Rob_In_MO":xbrtigix said:
Will do, Ajn.

Surprisingly that Z-turn is very stable and you really have to try to wheelie.  With the low center of gravity and wide stance it does great on hills and slopes - much better than a standard riding mower.

As far as videos, I need to get  another camera but it's on my to-do list.
Thanks Rob. I'll be on the lookout. :)

AJ

Always cool to get a new toy for the jobs!!

Congratulations on a fine tax write off, and sound investment in your business......

Ozark Wizard":6ekhniez said:
Always cool to get a new toy for the jobs!!

Congratulations on a fine tax write off, and sound investment in your business......
Yes Sir.  This has made the single largest difference for me.  Before this, the largest mower I had (I still have it actually) is 30" Walkbehind mower. I still use it for a few lawns with  fenced in backyards which only have 36" gates.  No way to get anything much larger in and out, so it has it's place too.