Been Smoking My Meerschaums

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
For well over a year I've exclusively been smoking seven corn cobs. The way I smoke, even a MM Mark Twain is only a 10 to 15 minute smoke. But, a couple of weeks ago, I began rotating four meerschaums; only one intricately carved.(Sevket) I'd forgotten how cool and dry they smoke, and to my taste, no coloration of the tobacco.

Thoroughly enjoy smoking my Meers (calabash included) spring thru fall, no winter...too cold outside. FTRPLT

For well over a year I've exclusively been smoking seven corn cobs. The way I smoke, even a MM Mark Twain is only a 10 to 15 minute smoke. But, a couple of weeks ago, I began rotating four meerschaums; only one intricately carved.(Sevket) I'd forgotten how cool and dry they smoke, and to my taste, no coloration of the tobacco.
Suggestion on the cob. Get a MM general. Nice deep bowl. I get an hour from CH or SWR.

I have 5 meers, 6 if you count the gourd calabash. They all smoke great. Fav is an I. Baglin fancy carved apple with a huge bowl for a meer. Really nice with English blends.

Sometimes you can get an estate meer on ebay for cheap, I was snapping up Peterson meers from the seventies for cheap on ebay a couple of years ago. Sadly people have cottoned on to this and they are no longer cheap. :cry:

A few of the many!!! My time in Turkey allowed me to collect quite a few including some directly from the shops in Eskehesir! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_0836[1].JPG
    IMG_0836[1].JPG
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0869[1].JPG
    IMG_0869[1].JPG
    954.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0875[1].JPG
    IMG_0875[1].JPG
    950.3 KB · Views: 92