Bent or Straight

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I know that this opinion can change from day to day but, do you prefer bent or straight pipes? There have been times when I would only reach for my straights and other times would just alternate every smoke. Recently I have found myself reaching for my bent pipes about 100% of the time for the last month or so. What is everyone's current preference?

I prefer bent to straight for leisure time, but I use mostly straight pipes when working or doing chores.

I prefer bent. Not a full bent 1/4 to 1/2. That's not to say I don't have straight pipes I love. Also like 1/8 bent. :cyclops:

I have 2 straight pipes, 2 standard bent pipes, and one bent churchwarden. For my future pipes I do have a mix of straight and bent pipes. I don't like full bent pipes i.e oom pauls

I used to prefer deeply bent pipes; now most of my pipes are straight or nearly so. My very favorites seem to be those with a slight bend.

dkj42":5q6uhzys said:
I prefer bent.  Not a full bent 1/4 to 1/2.  That's not to say I don't have straight pipes I love.  Also like 1/8 bent. :cyclops:
Same here, they just feel more comfortable for me

No preference, although I have a mere few full bents. Just don't care for the bowl being right below my nose!! :) :cheers: FTRPLT

No preference. I have more straights right now, but I smoke the 1/8th bents probably more often because of their smaller size. I'm maybe in-between and like a very slight bend. A crook. A little flair.

Mostly straight stem but there are several bents in the collection waiting to be fired up.

Well now that's a bit of a puzzlement. The pipes I tend to buy are mostly bents. The pipes SWIMBO tends to buy for me are straights or very slightly bent. The pipes I smoke most are straights.

Make of this what you will

Jim

Out of 110 pipes I only have 2 fully bent pipes. The rest are straight or 1/8 th bent

Bent on smaller pipes and straight on larger pipes. Favorite shape is Canadian, so the collection tends toward straight. I'd also say that I prefer smooth on smaller bowls and texture (blast or carved/rusticated) on larger bowls.

Brewdude":es6bg6i2 said:
monbla256":es6bg6i2 said:
Out of 110 pipes I only have 2 fully bent pipes. The rest are straight or 1/8 th bent
Well looky there - it's a monbla sighting! How the heck are ya Michael?

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR
Good to see you, Michael!