Best baccy for a churchwarden???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean73

Reaction score
Hello Gentelmen!

I have an odd question. Are there any tabaccos that you prefer to smoke in churchwardens? If so, why? What makes them better in a 'warden?

Dean

Justpipes":was802o5 said:
John Middleton Walnut.
Wow, that caught me off guard!!! :mrgreen:

I smoke just about everything I would normally smoke in my longer pipes. I've got just two true churchwardens (one for Virginia flakes and one for English blends), but have a couple of 14" to 16" clays that are also separated by blends, like my regular pipes.

Natch

I don't own a true briar churchwarden; I do have several clays. Typically I smoke Vas (including flakes) and Oriental (no latakia) blends in them. :pipe: FTRPLT

I no longer own a churchwarden but when I did smoked mostly VA and VA/Pers in it. The long stem seems to cool the smoke a bit more and reduce any bite the tobacco may have.

Smokey

I have one of those little meerschaum churchwardens you can just about put your first joint on your little finger in the bowl. The guys that is. It really sings with HOTW. Don't know why, but it does.

Kapnismologist":4ote8c77 said:
Nightcap, at least according to the picture:

+1, but I never realized WHY I liked to smoke Nightcap in my CW... I guess the image on the cover got into my subconscious and compelled me to smoke it there.

I have 1 CW. I pretty much smoke English and Balkan blends there... definitely lots of Nightcap!

-Andrew

I have 4 churchwardens and 2 semi-churchwardens, 3 are used for for aromatics, 2 for VA's and Va/Pers, and 1 for English/Balken blends...within that I smoke pretty much anything in them...