Best bright/golden Virginia blend?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"sam"

Reaction score
I was smoking Brown Flake unscented in a cob today and it reminded me how much I like that hay/grass flavor of a bright Virginia, especially in a cob. I haven't smoked Golden Sliced in a long time and thus can't remember if this scratched that itch...any suggestions? I'm not really into Lakelands but this unscented Brown Flake is very good.

A nice simple smoke scratching that itch for me was Lane 125th Anniversary.

I generally grab out a leaf of sweet Canadian Bright, run it through the shredder and get a couple of good citrusy, light hay and sweet bowls out of it. I may accidentally top it with a few strands of Perique.

If you like OGS then you might try Former's Cross Grain Flake. It's a bit cheaper and has plenty of hay/grass flavor. :)

AJ

Thank you for the suggestions. I had a really good one a few years ago that was a house blend from the Tinderbox in Charleston that the owner of the shop recommended to me; I finally got around to calling them the other day and ask what it was, but it's out of business!

Puff Daddy":0sbbszbm said:
Fribourg and Treyer cut virginia plug :cheers:
I concur PD though it's been awhile since I had some but for a bright va I do like it !! :twisted:

Never smoked the Brown Flake; however DH Flake (Light Flake to us old folks!) might trip your fancy. Investigate Georgetown Tobacco's Ginnyweeds. I used to smoke Hastings quite a bit. A tad of Perique IIRC! :cheers: FTRPLT

+1 on the Dunhill Flake. OGS is in the same vein but the Perique comes into play. Im not sure I'd consider BBF a bright Va, but everyone perceives it differently.