Best way,,,,,

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas james

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
To drink beer?

Catch hell for this from my Montana in laws all the time.

Ice cold from a BOTTLE,,,,,,,,,,,,no damned aluminum cans. Start by pouring it down the side of a "beer" glass. In one fluid motion, tilt the glass upright and pour the beer down the center. BEST when downed like iced tea. The goofy in laws like to salt the tops of their beer cans and put em in those funky rubber things to keep em cold.

Oh, yeah! The beer should be dark too. None of that transparent light stuff. Might as well sit on the toilet and drink from a canteen.

Can of Coors popped and swilled down in one big chug, can mashed against forehead, thunderous belch to exclaim it's rocky mountain goodness.

C'mon meatfisherman TJ! You knew the answer to this one 8)

Or there's this one:

Frosted pilsner glass, icy cold bottle of Samuel Smith oatmeal stout, pour softly down the side of the glass creating roughly 1 inch of foam, fire up cigar (Gurkha Grand Age perfecto) and sit in shade. Don't forget the large sign stating "GO AWAY!! to place next to your seat, moments like these (hours, actually) shouldn't be interrupted :D

Ice cold bottle? From the tap gentlemen, from the tap. Slam your fist on the bar and then let out that thunderous belch to exclaim it's rocky mountain goodness. Or yours........ :D .

When the can or bottle is at hand, I like to pour it in a warm glass and let it sit there for a minute or two. If it doesn't taste good that way, then you bought the wrong beer.

Bottom's up!

I'm with Tin Man, from tap. Unfortunately it's tough to find good beer on tap anywhere but specialty bars (espescially here in NoDak where taps are almost exclusively Miller Lite, Bud Light, and Budweiser).

So, otherwise I mostly agree with TJ, from an ice cold bottle poured into a glass.

Exception: Schlitz, Old Style, Hamm's etc. is best chugged from an ice cold can (I did find Hamm's on tap one time, and that was pretty tasty).

Definitely Dark! A nice quality stout.

Anyone drinking domestic lite piss water is only drinking for a cheap drunk! Of course there are cheaper faster drunks. Go figure! :roll: I just purchased a half gallon of Old Charter last night that was on sale for $18. Knock back 4-5 shots and be feeling right! :lol:

Pour the quality dark beer/stout in a fluid motion as TJ stated, into a slightly tilted glass.

Damn it, Walnut Man,,,,,,,,you're all right.

One of these days we'll have to discuss the "proper" way to cast a striper bait.

Dark beer, good glass
Finally gave in to my anti aluminum can thoughts when I was talking with a brewer about preservation and he explained that current can production includes a liner (Coors made a big deal about this a while back) and there should be no aluminum taste in the beer. According to the man at Stone brewery, cans was the best way to keep beer from going skunky. It allows no sunlight in and the seal is the best of all of options. Stone used brown glass (the next best way to seal and store beer) because Americans are anti can.
Look at all the good European beers and their use of cans. I have a hard time thinkin that Guinness would use a substandard method to package their beer.
My 0.02$

The best way to drink beer.................................Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................................
This calls for a bit more experimentation, I'll let you know.

“They treat me like a king in this bar, because I act like one.” Tony T., roughly 25 minutes before being “crowned” by the bartender and carried from the bar for helping himself to one of his minion’s beer at the Corner Bar, Newark, NJ.

Winslow :sunny:

I'd say, to everything there is a season.

Normally I prefer darker and/or more flavorful beers out of a glass bottle if not a proper pint glass. But then sometimes you are slumming it on your uncle's boat and want to chug an ice cold silver bullet right out of the can. Or at that faux-dive bar in Tribeca drinking PBRs from the can. Or at the backyard BBQ and the only choices are Coca-cola or Budweiser.

At the end of the day, even a bad beer beats a good soda. Or a sharp stick in the eye. Or... Beer is like sex - when it's good, it's great! And when it's bad... it's still pretty good.

-Andrew

I just stick with whiskey most of the time. I haven't purchased a good stout in a while. I might just have to do that this weekend.

Actually, the best beer that I have ever had is SamichClaus. It is an Austrian Lager "Bier" that is only brewed one day a year, usually on December 6th. The label says it is "The World’s Most Extraordinary Beverage" and I must admit that it is very, very good. It packs a punch too at 14% alcohol volume. At $17 for a 12 oz. 4 pack it has to be reserved for a rare treat because once you drink one you can't leave the others alone........ :lol:

The first thing to drop is this "ice cold" beer is better thing!! There are lagers and pilsners that drink well "cool," otherwise we drink our beer on the warmer side and always out of a room-temp glass. No frozen mugs for us (except for certain lagers/pilsners in the summer!!). Ales, IPAs, porters, and stouts are just plain better tasting when not "ice cold!" We were astounded last year while visiting Ireland that our first few Guiness' were served ice cold. I mean with ice crystals floating on top!! When asked about this aberration, the bartender responded that they (the Irish) were doing this to spite the English!! Since the English enjoyed warm beer, the Irish would serve it ice cold!! Fortunately, we later stayed in Kinsale where the local brewery has a fine (to our taste much smoother than Guinness) Kinsale Stout served at the 'proper' temperature. Should you ever visit Ireland, ask for Guiness' Northstar, a smoother stout than the original. FTRPLT