Better Draw For Meers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog Bruce

Reaction score
Just a little info to share with Bros and Sisters. I currently own only 1 meershaum, a large 1/4 bent grim reaper skull, Chris got it for my last b-day. As with many of us, I was disapointed a little by the draw, seemed it was a bit restricted, but had resighned myse;f to the fact that most meers were like that. Has a screw in teflon mortise and and tenon. I broke the mortise off rite where that little round collar is recently, and thought I would be sending that pipe to a pro for repair. After some careful consideration, decided to give it a try myself. Sent off too AAAmeershaum.com for the tenon/mortise set, 3 for about $3. (All disclaimers etc. blah blah) Thats where Chris got the pipe. Allan Paycock is a great guy to work with.
When they came in I VERY CARFULLY removed the brokin mortise and the tenon,used a jewers file to take off the tiny mold form nipples from the new ones, and installed both. It now draws as well as the bigger part of my briars. If you decide to do this be very gentle. You do not want to monkey up the threads in your shank. It's kind of like removing a broken bolt from an aluminum harley head. If you tear up those threads you will be replacing more than $3 parts, and if like me be doing quite a lot of moaning and weeping. :cry: Know this has been kind of long winded, but don't want anybody to :cry: :cry: :cry: I intend to do this with any more meers I may own in future(subtle hint too SWMBO)

Bd

Never Forget!

Periodically remove the screw in tenon and clean out the stem.Fluff from pipecleaners will accumulate and restrict the draw.It gets wet when you start smoking and swells up and restricts airflow.

Winslow :sunny: