Beverages That Work Well With the Pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any color label that begins with Johnny and ends with Walker. Straight up or covering some rock.

Rx : One or two shots, occasionally, to be taken by mouth, in gradual sips, between meals, and avoid operating heavy equipment. Return visit to your favorite supplier every few months with a co-pay of $30.00. Contra indications: a complaining wife.

Typically strong (1 scoop per cup) black coffee for me, hot black tea, iced sweet tea or water can substitute if I'm twonked on caffeine already. Scotch and whisky are okay, but it's been a while since I've had any. For some reason I can't drink beer with a pipe--it feels weird and throws off the taste. I smoke mostly Lat bombs and medium-heavy English blends and never get tongue bite (probably because I'm coating the inside of my mouth with something that's a step down from motor oil). :shock:

folgers blacks silk coffee or twinings irish breakfast tea :lol: , any one ever try biotene mouth wash for tongue bite? read in another forum that it worked well

Earl Grey or China tea with english blends.

Beer (properly brewed premium beer) with aromatics.

A good imperial grade Tie Guan Yin (sometimes called Monkey Picked) oolong tea. Though finding for under 20 bucks an ounce is a chore, better off for a lower grade like Fancy, should be able to get it or 5 bucks or less.

Do you think drinking a lot of healthy tea will offset the unheathy smoking? I hope so since I drink about half a gallon of various teas every day.

Greenleaf":jmdsl12t said:
French roast Folgers, strong with sugar, on a saucer. Earl Grey, Bourbon, Scotch, iced tea in a Mason jar--all too obvious. Ever have a smoke with chocolate milk? I drink the stuff by the gallon in an effort to maintain my weight and health, just so happens to go well with burley. Seriously.
Yep, while I prefer chocolate milk, even whole white milk is good. Seems to sooth the tongue since I have been labeled a "huffer" by some of the guys I smoke with. :lol:

Guiness Stout........Single Malt Whiskys.......Drambuie...........Orange Juice and Campari, on the rocks (in hot weather, like now!)

I don't think life gets better than a 70 degree evening sitting on the deck listening to Gillian Welch with a fine single barrel bourbon in one hand and a calabash filled with Cavendish in the other.

A good bourbon (Basil Haden is my favorite) really compliments the subtlety of a mild cavendish.

Of course, a good bourbon, especially the fourth or fifth one, seems to compliment everything. :D

I enjoy milk & iced coffee when I'm smoking my pipe. Thai tea is also very good if you like creamy & sweet drinks. I also enjoy the South African creme liquour called :elephant: Amarula, it's sweet and has a caramel creaminess to it. It's good over ice or in coffee and it should be available most places. I've seen it here locally at AJ's Fine Foods but I'm pretty sure that Bevmo carries it as well.

For me half caffeine coffe with no sugar most mornings and decafe same way in the evenings.

I do enjoy tea hot and iced any time of day and most of mine are decafe.

Other then this and cold spring water I have no suggestions.

I prefer a glass of milk with Kahlua and Bailey's, and sometimes a splash of whiskey.

One-third mug of Folger's Instant (double strength), one-third mug of Kahlua, one-third mug of Half and Half.

Water, Ale-8-One, coffee, sweet tea, wine (shiraz or beaujolais), bourbon

In that order work well for me.

Usually a batch rye or Lowland single malt guy, I've been drinking... vodka.

Tito's is Texan, USA home-grown and stilled vodka, its sip-ability is sublime, goes well with just about any tobacco, needs no ice.

I'm not a vodka drinker, until Tito's. $19 out the door at my local Sav-Mart. Brilliant. 8)

In the morning black coffee, mid-day hot tea, usually English Breakfast or Earl Grey. Evening, usually a beer or whisky, very rarely red wine.