Bill Introduced in Congress 2 Exempt Premium Cigars from FDA

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if this Bill is passed for premium cigars I would hope to think premium pipe tobacco will/should be included. Many of Trumps friends are high end cigar smokers.....I see EXECUTIVE POWER coming into play on this one.....lol

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Yep, 'premium' equals 'expensive' equals 'rich' equals "we'll take care of my rich friends".
Not at all unexpected. Premium cigars have been (to the best of my knowledge) been exempt from previous rules/regulations because they are too expensive "for children" which is the real reason for all these taxes and strictures...not a desire by the government to control the lives of us serfs and make more tax money so they can buy votes....not a chance..nope, no sir!

GeoffC":d0r5bqrf said:
What about the pipe tobacco industry?
IMO Most "pipe tobacco" sold is relabeled RYO cigarette tobacco so I don't see any love coming but I'll tell you that you can expect big tax (tax parity with big tobacco's nails)  increases in loose "pipe tobacco" very soon.

As for the deeming date big tobacco will lobby hard to eliminate the competition especially e cigs. A lot of that stuff is flavored to attract kids so I don't see much of an fight.

I'm a charter CRA Member and I am confident in a bipartisan premium cigar cutout but I'd be surprised if mail order survives. :shock: