Binge-worthy TV shows?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still proclaiming that “Justified” is the best binge. Pretty adult. Not for kids.

“Grimm” is also very, very good. Kid friendly.

“Longmire” is also way up on the list.

“The Mentalist” is a favorite here in the barn.

“Bosche” is primo.

And of course there’s always “Twin Peaks” and “Breaking Bad”.

Looking fir a good off beat laugh? “The Good Place” and “iZombie” are both way fun.

So much TV…so little time!

If you liked "Downton Abbey", let me suggest an older BBC series, "Monarch of the Glen" which is available on Prime. It's similar to Downton except that the lairdship is destitute and struggling for survival.

If you liked "Downton Abbey", let me suggest an older BBC series, "Monarch of the Glen" which is available on Prime. It's similar to Downton except that the lairdship is destitute and struggling for survival.

Great suggestion. Just placed a request from my library for the first season on DVD.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for the Downton Abbey recommendations. Excited to check all three of those.

I started watching The Old Man on FX/Hulu. Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, and Amy Brenneman. It's somewhere between Homeland and something like the Bourne trilogy, or so it appears it will be. It's been good. It isn't making me restless with anticipation of the next episode, but...I mean...Bridges and Lithgow? I had to give it a chance. I like it well enough to mention it.

Also liking Dark Winds on AMC. I find it strange that George RR Martin is an executive producer. According to wiki, all Native American writers' room. It's been good, but not great, so far. It's sort of an odd premise, but I don't want to drop any spoilers.

index.aspx

I checked this out on Lysander's recommendation and have to say it's really pretty good. Now on series 2 and will be getting in the rest of the series through my library. Good story line, incredible scenery, competent acting. However, even though this is supposed to be closed captioned there is no way to activate it. One usually has that option available from the setup feature, and there isn't one! While I get the general idea most of the time, due to the Scottish accents there are plenty of places where I have no idea what they're saying!

Cheers,

RR

Gotta go with Curse of oak island, Skin Walker ranch and for goofy stuff Everybody loves Raymond and Mike and Molly. The short bald fat Italian guy going out with the mother is hysterical

Gotta go with Curse of oak island, Skin Walker ranch and for goofy stuff Everybody loves Raymond and Mike and Molly. The short bald fat Italian guy going out with the mother is hysterical

Hey…help me out. I read a novel about Oak Island years ago…written by a famous US mystery author. I thought it was Michael Connelly but can’t find any likely title that connects to him. Any thoughts out there?

PBS has been reaching into lesser tier streaming stations(?) and airing things from Acorn and Walter's Choice. I think that is the name. Smart for them to work with PBS to get international programming seen here. Our local station has been airing season 3 of Badehotellet, aka Seaside Hotel, a Danish version of something along the lines of Downton Abbey. People well-to-do enough to spend the summer at a seaside hotel, with the staff holding up the other side of the show. It's subtitled. It's not as well written as Downton Abbey, and it has a simpler vibe to it. I've been really enjoying it. I believe there are eight seasons. As I was looking it up, I think it is steaming on Amazon Prime and maybe AppleTV. And one of the characters runs a tobacco company or works for a tobacco company. It's of no significance to the storylines, but it's there.

index.aspx

I checked this out on Lysander's recommendation and have to say it's really pretty good. Now on series 2 and will be getting in the rest of the series through my library. Good story line, incredible scenery, competent acting. However, even though this is supposed to be closed captioned there is no way to activate it. One usually has that option available from the setup feature, and there isn't one! While I get the general idea most of the time, due to the Scottish accents there are plenty of places where I have no idea what they're saying!

Cheers,

RR
Your not alone there, most of us can't understand them, and we're British.

Watching “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction” with David Letterman. Extended interviews with celebs. VERY interesting stuff. People you might think of as pretty sharp turn out to be morons. People that you think of as jerks end up being insightful and inspiring. Good stuff.

index.aspx

Go ahead and laugh if you want, but these shows are a hoot! I grew up watching stuff like this in the 60's - OK some will say a huge waste of time - but the humor back then was innocent, clean, and corny. Anyway I'm prolly gonna watch all the seasons. So sue me!

:giggle:

Cheers,

RR

I love Green Acres. I still laugh at it like I did when I was a child, and not much does that.

Yes. It's so silly and the plots could be called sophomoric, some would say. Yet it relates to a more innocent period where we all could laugh at stuff that is now out of bounds for various reasons. In any case, Arnold the pig and the Ziffels are a total hoot! As is Eb, Mr. Kimball, Mr. Haney, Uncle Joe, Mr. Drucker, and especially Lisa....

:p

Cheers,

RR