Birthday Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelyJ

Reaction score
I turn 29 today and as a gift my dad hand carved a pipe for me, and made a box to put it in. Thought I'd share here, I was pretty stunned at how pretty it came out. He's not a pipesman, but know I love them so did some research and this was the result.

That was VERY generous of your Dad and certainly shows the great love he has for you.
And for his very first pipe carving attempt it is certainly well done! Enjoy as I know
you will, if for no other reason that he made it with his hands just for you. ;)

Oh! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR!

I love it!!! that is a touching gift and its beautiful

Happy birthday

Your Dad never made a pipe before you say? Well he certainly must be familiar with woodworking and understand pipe shapes, because that's one humdinger of a first attempt! What a wonderful gift, and that box is no slouch either. Kudos to your Dad!

And Happy Birthday brother!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Wow! That's a great pipe and a terrific story. I can't think of a better connection to a pipe than something like that. Enjoy it and Happy Birthday amigo!!!

Lovely pipe and a loving gesture. Let us know how she smokes, we may have some orders for your pops!

Happy birthday :D

What an amazing gift. Congratulations, and a very Happy Birthday to you.

Fantastic first effort, and no doubt a family heirloom! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks everyone.

Smoked it a couple times with some Stonehaven that a friend sent me and I'm happy to say that it smokes wonderfully and fits comfortably in my hand. I think I have a new favorite pipe. My dad is now itching to make more.

Your dad has some skills! That is not an easy shape to make. I'd love a pipe my father might have made, definitely treasure that one.

Hey, very cool pipe Justin. That's a great shape and a wonderful gift too boot. :D

We are going to order some pre-drilled briars and he's going to teach me so we will each make another. I think he will make one like this for himself, and I may try to do a bulldog style. Should be an interesting challenge!

I for one will be watching with great interest. Remember, no pics. . .it didn't happen!!

....and it's got a ferrule! When I make my first pipe, I promise it will only be stem and stummel. And it will be ugly. Congrats on this one brother.