Birthday present from my wife

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a shape i'm after just now, Love it, she's a good judge.!

That's a nice one for sure, never seem one with a muffler (so to speak) inside the bowl.
Rather novel to say the least and it doesn't look like it's been smoked much at all.

Two Barrel or Four ? :twisted: :twisted:  Nice looking doggie nonetheless :p 

Cartaphilus":fx1emwor said:
That's a nice one for sure, never seem one with a muffler (so to speak) inside the bowl.
Rather novel to say the least and it doesn't look like it's been smoked much at all.
I have never seen one like this either. It was unsmoked when I got it, so NOS somewhere.

I have another carburetor pipe - a Kaywoodie. It is one of those pipes that startles you by smoking a familiar blend better than you expected/remembered. One of the issues with it s that because the carb tube sticks up slightly into the bowl, you always have a little dottle no matter what you do. The tube also gets clogged every few bowls, and I keep a toothpick handy to poke in from the outside to clear it. The muffler thingy may let you smoke it to the bottom and may help with the clogging. I will see.

Happy birthday! That is a great looking Kaywoodie. Unsmoked, amazing. Savor breaking it in and enjoy your day.

A double blessing. A new pipe and a wife who is that thoughtful. Good on you.:bounce: 

It's a fine wife that will give her husband a great pipe like that for his birthday. Congratulations Tom. :) 

AJ

Happy Birthday, and congratulations on the pipe, and having a supportive wife. You are truly blessed.

Wow -- that NOS is a terrific find! Enjoy -- best birthday wishes -- and thanks for sharing!

nice ... you've got a very thoughtful wife ...

(what are the odds she might like to get me a little something for Christmas? :D  )

Fr_Tom":0cnazgc3 said:
It is pretty unlikely, but with things
like this, it never hurts to check.
Pretty much the way I looked at it ...