Black Frigate

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey

Reaction score
Ok...what is the deal witht his weed?

I cannot for the life of me get it to stay lit. even when I break it apart pretty fine, it seems to just want to go out, unless i stoke it like a furnace!

ONE SHOULD NOT BE GETTING BITTEN BY AN ENGLISH BLEND, RIGHT?

What am I doiung wrong here fellas?

Davey the Tongue Fatigued

Gently fill the bowl. Very light press. (Assuming that you broke it up pretty good.) Take a pipe cleaner and make sure the airway is unblocked. Sometimes these crumbled blends will block the airway partially and cause problems.

Light and lightly tamp. Light again and you should be good to go. You might want to keep that pipe cleaner handy, just in case a small piece gets pulled into the airway.

When I have smoked it, it burned quite well. Fairly cool.

Thanks Carlos. I will give it another go before I cross this one off my list and just go with Blockade runner ;)

I did find that I was inhaling adecent amount of "dust"...should have thought of that.

:oops:

Davey... I'm not terribly familiar with Black Frigate, but is it anything atl all like Blockade Runner in terms of it's cut and packing in the tin? I'm asking because I've noticed with Blockade Runner that I have to rub some out and let it sit for a bit to dry somewhat before I load my pipe. Otherwise it's just too damp and I run into the same problem you're having with Frigate.

Haz,

Funny you mention Blocked, Its' my list of tins to aquire,,never smoked a bowl yet, and was going to pick some up this week..I will let you know.

Davey

Davey":bvgnbocr said:
Haz,

Funny you mention Blocked, Its' my list of tins to aquire,,never smoked a bowl yet, and was going to pick some up this week..I will let you know.

Davey
You'll enjoy it, it's an excellent smoke. It's a crumble cake, and it's very moist. I would suggest crumbling and drying it a bit before you load up. Other than that, grab a glass of what have you and smoke the bejeezus out of the stuff. Quite tasty!