Blackberry

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
What are they used for? My cell phone contract has ended. Should I get a blackberry or continue with the cell? Or are they two different animals :?:

:D Paul

Blackberries are great if you want your email on your phone. Their web browsing capability is so-so and unless you are really dedicated you probably won't use it for web surfing. I don't think any small form factor devices are great at surfing, although iPhones come close.

If you get one and plan to use it for email definitely get one with a full QWERTY keyboard, the smaller ones like the Pearl have a condensed keyboard and it takes a lot to get used to it. If you don't think you'll use the email feature then I would stick with a regular phone.

I'm waiting for these devices to become available.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1FJHYqE0RDg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can you use it like a cell? I'm not good at text messaging... But I could use the email -type of info... Then can you print it out on your printer?
:?: Paul

Oh yeah they work just like a cell phone but they have the added features. It is possible to print from them but I think it requires a corporate solution that is quite expensive. Really though, being you can use the email that you currently have you can always print from your computer. You just use the blackberry for reading and sending messages when you are away from your machine.

There are other phones that will give you the same benefits though, like a BlackJack. Which is another smartphone that runs MS Windows Mobile. So it looks and acts much like your computer. Then there is the big daddy of them all right now, the iPhone but it is quite expensive. Bottom line is they all are cell phones with the added benefit of email and web browsing.

I use a blackberry but my boss loves his blackjack. It's all a matter of preference I suppose. I'd go into a local phone store of your company and have them show you the different smartphones they offer.

jhuggett":hml4cnwd said:
It's all a matter of preference I suppose. I'd go into a local phone store of your company and have them show you the different smartphones they offer.
Good suggestion...

Can't imagine how they'd benefit me... but obviously you and PB use them...

I just don't want to lock in to a 3 year contract and then find there's something better out there... actually more useful.

I use a cellphone and a blackberry, but then I've got money to burn being a wasteful American. :D

Seriously I couldn't imagine holding this brick up to my ear, if I used it as a cellphone I'd have to have a handsfree deal. (Jason, I've lost my Jawbone, buy the top of the line and poof its gone,Damn)

Puffs I'd go with the BlackJack if I had to consolidate everything into one system.

That sucks PB. I lost my BT headset (it was a cheapy)but my phone is the Pearl so it's the same size as a regular cell.

I have a BT headset for my phone but I hate walking around with that thing on my ear.

Went to Costco and the kiosk fellow gave me a website to check out:

CompareCellular.com

It seems in exploring it, a blackberry would come in handy for those who travel alot. My office is in the home so I can't see much benefit for me, but they do look interesting, Jason, interesting video... thanks.

Pearls are nice but Quality uses a program called Edge to offer up their loads. Its only been work tested on the ancient 7520 and the 8703 or 9703 or maybe its the 8307/9307 I can't remember.

I realized when I mentioned Edge in an earlier post you thought I ment the Edge network.