Blatant Self-Promotion Thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Yes, it's true, I make pipes. Been doing it for about a year now, I guess. Absolutely addicted.

So here's a few pics of some of the stuff I've done, and some bits and pieces currently in the shop.

I absolutely love talking pipes, and I think I'm at a stage now where I can answer fairly technical questions about the mechanical side of pipes - how they should work and why some don't. There are guys who know more, but they are too busy making pipes to slum around with the rest of us, so you may just have to make do with me.

Here's a medium size Hungarian I did as part of a pair. The demand was a comfortable full bent, non-gurgling.

hungarians001.jpg

This little ball was kind of a surprise - the grain was so good I just stopped carving.

ballanddub001.jpg

Here's a freehand rhodesion coming along -

cuminale003.jpg

This stummel is a beauty - really sexy grain, and it's just huge. But I just can't seem to cut a stem that suits it. Some day.

BOBset001.jpg

And here's another full bent. This one's also huge, and still in a very rough way - but you can see the pipe starting to take shape.

BOBset003.jpg

Anyhow, my favorite thing in the world is taking a rough idea from a customer, and turning into a pipe that they are really happy with. If you are interested, send me a PM here, or my email is [email protected]

I swear to God I'll never pollute the board with self-promoting garbage again, but there was some interest as to what exactly DOES happen out in the garage, and now you know.

Good STUFF man, and please post OFTEN! I'm not in a position to purchase anything for the short term, but you never know when that may change. I LOVE that ball!

I'm glad you like my balls, Kilted.

Wait.... that came out wrong. :shock:

Sasquatch":dc47n53u said:
I'm glad you like my balls, Kilted.

Wait.... that came out wrong. :shock:
As long as they don't travel in the same pipe sock :affraid:

kilted1":zbn2h0eo said:
Well LOOK at it you daffed frog! Just LOOK AT IT!!!

Ummmmm I'll pass.. I try not to look at my own... must less those belonging to someone else.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I love that 'Hungarian' reminds me of the Peterson Harp 221, definitely a pipe that caught my eye, great work Sasquatch!

Definitely some good stuff. I was curious because I have learned a lot from reading your posts.

What materials do you use for the stems?

:farao:

For a year's worth of experience, your pipes look admirable. Keep at it and who knows what dollars your work may command.

Most of the stems are hand cut now. I think everything in these pictures is cut from rod. I have ebonite and cumberland (the swirly reddy brown on the hungarian). I have a selection of vulcanite stems too. Come to think of it, the ball has a vulcanite stem if I remember right.

I don't do acrylic. I did a couple and just hated every moment of it. So unless someone comes to my shop, teaches me how to handle the stuff, and makes it smell less like the orthodontist's office, it's out.

Likewise, sandblasting is out until I can afford a proper setup, but that's a few years out, given that the rigs cost about 3000 bucks.

Anyway thanks for all your kind words.

I for one would be very interested in seeing more pics of the freehand rhodesian as it emerges.

This is not shamless self promotion at all, but rather an education for all of us.

Keep up the awesome work!

being confident and comfortable with my sexuality I can say that's a nice ball,,, :shock: ,,,
that Rho looks sharp,,,thanks for sharing, I think a lot of us would like to tackle pipemaking but having three thumbs and no talent has stopped me from trying,,,,keep posting your progress,,, :D

I really like the Ball, I too would like to see the Rho when you get it completed

Rodney

All right you pipe sluts. Here is the rhodesian after 1 stain and sand, and 1 stain and polish. More to follow. Every "coat" reveals what you screwed up last time.

Rho001.jpg

The grain is starting to show for real, with birdseye developing on the rim. Whoever designed this pipe is a GENIUS.

Rho002.jpg