Blending 1st Va-Per

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog Bruce

Reaction score
Havn't tried any of the Va-Pers avail. yet. I do have 2-3 ozs of MacBarren Virg. #1 here. Gene at Outwest here in town has perique in bulk. Was thinking about blending some myself as the #1 is kind of :bom: on toungue , any suggestions on cut of Perique to Vir.? Have never tasted perique, so have no idea.

BD

Never Forget!

Most of the blends seems to have 2 - 10% perique in them. Does not take very much to do it's magic. Add some time, and some wonderful things may happen.

EGADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :affraid: Whatever you do, dont waste good perique on that v. no. 1! that stuff will fry your tongue no matter what you blend with it!! at least in my very humble opinion. i myself tried to do this about 10 years ago, thinking it would reduce the tongue-searing that ALWAYS accompanies the no. 1. i was wrong. try blending it with mcclellands no. 27, that is a good combo. or just buy g.l. pease's fillmore or try solani 633 that is a vaper that some call the champagne of vapers. and it is! good luck! :)

Hmmmmm, The GLP Filmore IS available here in town. :) . The solani would cost shipping from East Coast. GLP it is. I'll blend the #1 into some of the gaggingly sweet aromatics I purchsed based on SHMBO'd HO about tin, or baggie, aroma.

Thanx

BB