BoB Addiction?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
Is it possible to be addicted to a forum?? I find myself checking this site more than any other on the web?!?!?! A BIG thank you to the gents who set this up!!! Not only have i learned much, i have acquired some rare tins for my baccy collection and i have an outlet for my pipe musings, this is of un-estimable worth to me and i suspect others as well :D I find myself anxious to read any replys to my posts and checking the trading posts as well, now... if i can only figger out this new damn camera!!!!! :lol!:

In my world,it is more than possible;it is a probable.For several years I have been logging on daily-first at Knox,then here.It started out as a curiousity,quickly evolving into a hobby,then a passion,now almost an obsession.
I may go for days without lighting a pipe.Not so with the board.Intelligent conversation,even the banalities are a welcome break from the tedium and drudgery(note-my life is great,but I still enjoy a minor diversion once a day!).Life is hard,and even the Zen master will divert his attention from it momentarily for a rest!BoBbb is cool!!
Respectfully,Tony

I find myself checking about 3-4 times on my days off and at least once on days I work. There is just so much I dont know that I want to soak up.

I have internet access most all day unless a machine goes down,can't
resist a peek several times a day.Better than looking at the financials,or
the mostly negative world news. :D :D :D

Winslow

Same here! Because I am usually near a computer if not sitting right in front of one most everyday I find myself checking in several times a day.

Pipe Board #1 is loaded with jerks and anti smokers.It's a shadow of what it once was...

Pipe Board #2 is little more than a high school "click" where there's 5 members who don't much like new folks....

Pipe Board #3 is allright but most of it's members care for the really low dollar pipes and it's hard to find things in common with them...

Pipe Board #4 is a nasty old dump filled with misery and spite.I went there once and that was more than enough....

BoB's embodies all of the best things that a pipes related forum can be! I'm very happy to call it home!

Best,
D.J.

After scanning and lurking on some of the other boards my preference was definitely to join here. A wonderful mix of folks with different interests in pipes from all grades and prices and most have incredible knowledge concerning our hobby. But the best reasons are that the personalities are not intimidating, much more welcoming, with fine humor and interesting threads. I don't have the time or convenience to log on as much as I'd like, but when I do it's always a pleasure to read what has been evolving.
Best to all,
Andy
:D :D

Danish_Pipe_Guy":x7dx1d4v said:
Pipe Board #3 is allright but most of it's members care for the really low dollar pipes and it's hard to find things in common with them...

D.J.

Board #3 sounds very familliar to me. (Well actually they all do.) :) If #3 is where I think it is, I bounce back and forth between here and there. Lots of good people and tons of information to be gained in both and after all, pipes is pipes regardless of where you are.