BoB Annual "outta yer Gourd" Day?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought this by mail order 39 years ago. When I came off of a 15 year or hiatus, the bowl was stuck in the gourd, and I have been assured that trying to separate them it will likely crack the gourd, so I rarely smoke it.

I was gonna suggest a razor blade around the rim, but as you probably know the bowl fits down inside the seal so it's likely it's stuck there too. Maybe some judiciously-applied alcohol would soften it? Yours looks like a real meerschaum bowl; my 'bash with the rusticated gourd has a porcelain bowl so there would be less chance of damaging it trying to get them apart. Or maybe the old "put it in the freezer" trick would work like it does on a stuck stem?

qR3meHOl.jpg

Last edited:
Tried that, and several other things:(
I have used corn oil to remove glue. That might loosen it up but might also soak into the meershaum. Probably best to just smoke it occasionally as you have been doing. Maybe it's getting back at you for all those years of being subjected to captain black, lol.