BoB Annual "outta yer Gourd" Day?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am down for this. I smoke my gourd pretty regularly.

IMG_8163.jpg

Sorry, can't join the festivities. I just never reached for the calabash and gave it to my daughter to sell a few years ago.

Agree. When I had my old gourd calabash I only smoked english or balkan blends in it channeling my inner Sherlock Holmes. Liked a blend called 221 Baker street but can't remember the producer.
I think the blend you are thinking of was produced by Dunhill. I don't think its blended anymore. I know McClelland's blended a 221B series. Going through the box of pipe tobacco I took with me in my camper I found an unopened tin of McClelland's Black Shag. Debating on opening this up for the Gourd Day. Also have tins of Sutcliff Crumble Kake English #1, Hearth and Home White Knight and Fusilier's Ration (both English mixtures). Your thoughts?

I think the blend you are thinking of was produced by Dunhill. I don't think its blended anymore. I know McClelland's blended a 221B series. Going through the box of pipe tobacco I took with me in my camper I found an unopened tin of McClelland's Black Shag. Debating on opening this up for the Gourd Day. Also have tins of Sutcliff Crumble Kake English #1, Hearth and Home White Knight and Fusilier's Ration (both English mixtures). Your thoughts?
I was never a big Dunhill fan. I think you are right and the 221B I had was from McClellands. It was really good. Never had Black Shag, but I never had a McClellands I didn't like. White knight I did not care for. FR was okay but only best in a meer. I have an unopened tin of McC FMOTT from 2017. Think I will pop it open for new years.

I'll be going out of my gourd with y'all. I have a turn of the century Orlik, prob fire up something stinky in it.

well, I wasn’t to much into this whole gourd thread seeing as I don’t have a calabash. Or I didn’t until last evening. We are having Christmas late with my son and family. We opened gifts last night and what should I find in my box but this SMS Mahogany Calabash!
is1ei0q.jpg

Charles Towne Cobbler for size comparison.
So I’m back into the gourd thread, even though mine is technically not a gourd. It is close enough, right?

well, I wasn’t to much into this whole gourd thread seeing as I don’t have a calabash. Or I didn’t until last evening. We are having Christmas late with my son and family. We opened gifts last night and what should I find in my box but this SMS Mahogany Calabash!
is1ei0q.jpg

Charles Towne Cobbler for size comparison.
So I’m back into the gourd thread, even though mine is technically not a gourd. It is close enough, right?
Wow, what great timing, and it looks you're starting the party early. Nice piece!

Looks like I'm gonna miss the "out of your gourd" gathering :(. It's a-snowin' and a-blowin' out there to the tune of 6+ inches. Ordinarily I'd let the big dog hunt for the occasion, but there's no smoking in the house, so... Enjoy, everyone!

ajwLkeTl.jpg

RTVajt8l.jpg

Had my first smoke this morning in my new Vauen. Figured new pipe new year so appropriate. Now FMOTT from 2017 in the calabash. Mm good. Our girls decided to join me this am. With only one good arm can't hold both at the same time thus 2 pics. Happy new year to all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-01-10-21-14.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-01-10-21-14.png
    1 MB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_2021-01-01-10-20-26.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-01-10-20-26.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 126