BoB POTY '17

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks. Sorry I've been lacking in my presence here as of late but as has been mentioned, I'm really bogged down right now with crazy long work hours, a sick wife ( heart surgery next week) and trying to raise two granddaughters, ages 10 and 12. Fact is, I'm a mess right now and won't have time for much of anything until the winter rains come.

For the specifics on the headaches of pulling off a POY see the threads from years past. We've gone a specific direction with most of these to avoid chaos and it's worked well. If one of the other mods or admins wants to take up the mantle this year it'd be fine by me, but at this point we may just want to wait until 2018 and start a bit earlier in order to go through all the discussion and admin decisions and organization, not to mention arranging things with a carver who will do what we desire at an agreeable price.

We are presently in a period where many of the admins/mods are taxed for time and energy and we are grateful for the quietness on the forum with matters that demand out attention. God is good.

Puff Daddy, I want to wish your wife all the best with her surgery and a speedy recovery. The POTY can wait until 2018, your family needs you and that's more important. All the best to your wife, you and your family.

YOUR IN MY PRAYERS

????????????????????????

Thank you. She's having catheter ablation to correct an arrhythmia, she should be OK.

But as I said, it's a pain in the butt this POY and takes time, and right now it's not just me that's busy it's several of us. So maybe it's just not in the cards for this year..

Corncobcon":4gwk7r7q said:
Just a thought from a newbee-  If there is going to be a 2018 POTY,  how about calling it a "2017-2018 POTY" ???
That seems like a reasonable solution to me. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

AJ

Okay, now the BIG question???

Just how many members of the BoB would be interested in purchasing a POTY if the price is reasonable? I don't have a clue on how many POTY have been purchased prior????
I now own the Mark Tinsky 2012 BoB POTY and it's an outstanding smoker!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Me too, depending on style. I’d be on board if it was something in the standard shape chart and not say, a gourd calabash lol

See, that's what we need. A rough ? idea ? on how many members who would be interested in a BoB POTY.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Let me reiterate. At this point it appears that none of the admins is going to pick up the task of dealing with a POY for this year. Some years we have them, some years we don't. This is not going to happen without admins running the show so you guys should please hold up on this until next year, you're going through the motions for nothing.

Just as an fyi, this forum is owned by an individual and run by a designated team. Any kind of forum related activity like this has to be done through the admin team. At this point no team member has offered to handle the idea, so I feel confident in saying that we are declining to do a POY for this year. Sorry guys.

Puff Daddy

Nobody here was shooting for a 2017 POTY. Everyone knew it would be some time in 2018. Some suggested inscribing the POTY 2017/2018, that's ALL.
All I was doing was getting a rough idea who is INTERESTED.....nothing more. From this point on it's up to the owner and admin of this site to find what members are interested in a POTY....any year.

NO HARM NO FOUL

Lonecoyote":g3mkp1sg said:
Puff Daddy

Nobody here was shooting for a 2017 POTY. Everyone knew it would be some time in 2018. Some suggested inscribing the POTY 2017/2018, that's ALL.
 All I was doing was getting a rough idea who is INTERESTED.....nothing more.  From this point on it's up to the owner and admin of this site to find what members are interested in a POTY....any year.

NO HARM NO FOUL
LC... :lol: reading back over this thread you’re the one that mentions a 2017 POTY numerous times and keeps fanning the coals...so... :lol:

But don’t think we don’t love ya. Cause we do. Well, most of us anyway.

Blackhorse

Your statement is not totally correct. From the last page.... take a look.....I posted....

PostSubject: Re: BoB POTY '17   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
I had already figured anything with BoB or associated with the forum needed approval from the Admin or the Mod in charge of the POTY in the past. It's mid October so next year is another time.

All discussions since the 14th was for next year! I NEVER MENTIONED THIS YEAR AGAIN!
Was working on a 2018 POTY, which I will no longer mention any POTY any further.... I'M DONE
ALL I WAS TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH......HOW MANY MEMBERS WERE INTERESTED. I was NOT setting anything up myself. MY FINAL REMARK

LC i aint never heard of this till you said somethin. you taught me somethin. i dont want a quiet LC, I LOVE THE ENTHUSIASTIC LC. come on brotha

Sorry, I got excited. I got the tinsky year before last, and I love that pipe. I’m smoking it in my avatar pic actually lol

It was suggested by several members that this thread be locked as it can’t move forward to its logical conclusion...ie: doing a 2017 POTY.

I don’t mind leaving it open though, for the sake of discussion...so long as we all understand that we’re on hold til 2018 with this.