BoB POTY '17

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will there be a BoB POTY this year? Now that's it's Oct, there aren't really many weeks left available for an artisan to get this into the que.

Any interest or movement on this Carlos and Mark? As well as our celebrated moderators?

:?:

Cheers,

RR

Puff Daddy has graciously organized the POY for several of the last few years, all behind the scenes. I know he has a hectic work schedule these days. I think BH might've helped orchestrate as well. It seems like it slipped by the Council this year.

Just a thinking-out-loud observation: it is pretty late to be thinking about a 2017 POY since we're in October already. Not to say it can't be done, just doubtful it'd be ready before 2018.

Yup, I was lucky enough to purchase from a member of the BoB the 2012 pipe of the year. The maker...Mark Tinsky. Not only a stunning looking pipe, it's an outstanding smoker. Extremely lucky enough to purchase the pipe from Blackhorse. A smooth transaction from a true gentleman.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Wonder if our own Ron Powell would consider making the BoB POTY for 2017. Does he have enough time??? His craftsmanship is outstanding and his pipes are also superb smokers.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":yjhiaqu2 said:
Wonder if our own Ron Powell would consider making the BoB POTY for 2017. Does he have enough time??? His craftsmanship is outstanding and his pipes are also superb smokers.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
As long as it takes me to make just one you all be waiting for a few years for last years pipe.
Thanks but, no thanks! ;)

Well then, I guess the BoB 2017 POTY will be " GONE WITH THE WIND "!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

what makes a pipe of the year are there standards to make it by guidelines to follow

Arky, to the best of my knowledge there are no guidelines. Do you want to make it???
If I knew this two months ago that no pipe maker was asked I would have personally looked into this matter.

PS, BriarBeagle came up with a good idea!!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

i can make a pipe it can be looked at if its nice enought but im no charl or any other amazi g pipe maker mine are elementry id might say no

What's everyones thoughts on a cob POTY? I think a distinct stain or similar might be brilliant. 

Does anyone here know anyone at MM? I'd be happy to pay a premium for a relatively unique cob.

Cheers

Tim

Hey, how long would it take Savinelli to stamp 2017 BoB POTY on one of their 320KS pipes. Cheap enough and I would venture to say many members might want one. They are excellent smokers :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

You characters need to involve an Admin member to progress any further than “Pipe dreams” on this POTY thing...for it to be approved as a BoB “thing”. Not throwing a wet blanket on your interest at all as your enthusiasm is very cool. But that step needs to happen early on.

Yes, Puff Daddy has been a main organizer in the past. Don’t know what his schedule or availability is currently...why not PM him and ask - as opposed to posting back and forth in open forum, etc.

Simple...think of it this way...You need the approval of the BoB site managers to do anything with the BoB name on it.

I had already figured anything with BoB or associated with the forum needed approval from the Admin or the Mod in charge of the POTY in the past. It's mid October so next year is another time.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":ny37ozvb said:
I had already figured anything with BoB or associated with the forum needed approval from the Admin or the Mod in charge of the POTY in the past. It's mid October so next year is another time.
It goes further than an individual mod or admin saying OK. As far as I know it needs approval from site “owners” and positive vote of Council, etc.

And 1. Two and a held months is a fair piece of time if things started rolling- and depending of what was selected as a design/maker. And 2. Even if a design was decided upon “late-ish” it could be purchased into 2018 with no big issues.

Just a matter of perspective...even though there might be a modest to fair amount of chatter here the actual participation by members (folks buying one) has typically been quite minimal. I’m sure all of us love the idea of a BoB POTY - it is cool in the extreme.

Blackhorse

I understand and totally agree. Thanks for your help and a better explanation.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!