BoB Secret Santa 09...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Gentlemen, Its time!!!! :D :D :D. For the 'New Guys' (anyone that wasn't a Knoxer) this is Bobs first but it has a long lineage stemming from Knox Cigars old BB. Its always been a blast and sometimes been quite suprising,some of the worst 'Grinchs' have turned out to be some of the best Santa's
The same rules will apply this year but I will give a run down for all of you that doesn't know how it works.

1. As a gift, you may send any pipe-related item and/or cigar related item. With respect to pipe tobacco, the minimum is 150 grams of tinned tobacco or eight ounces of bulk tobacco or a pre-packed sampler that many B&M smoke shops and online vendors are offering for the holidays. If you give an estate pipe, be kind enough to clean it up and sanitize the bit. Any other items, such as, lighters, pouches, racks, tampers, new pipes, or even T-shirts & hats, are good ideas. With respect to cigars, the minimum will be 3/5 quality handmade cigars or any 5 or more cigar sampler that many B&M smoke shops and online vendors are offering. Cigar related accessories such as cigar carriers, humidors, lighters, ashtrays and so on are also acceptible. Bear in mind this isn't a maximum, most give more than this, but from past experiance I can honestly say its not what you get but what you give.

2. With respect to tobaccos, please try to stay within the preferred category that will be provided in the e-mail you will be receiving from me. There's no sense sending a sweet aromatic to someone that usually smokes heavy latakia mixtures and vice versa. With respect to cigars, the qualifiers might be size and strength.

3. Please mail your package in time, so your recipient will receive it by Christmas. I suggest December 10th as a good target date. Factor in the heightened security that may be in place for parcels. It's best to put the real return address on the box, but you could use "Santa" as the sender's name.

4. Please do not ask me to assign someone in particular to be your recipient.

5. Please use Priority mail with delivery confirmation, or UPS, fedex,dhl so the package can be traced if needed. It is okay to have your gift drop-shipped, to your recipient, from an online vendor, such as www.smokingpipes.com or your local smoke shop.
If you have to send to an international address, make sure you set things up correctly to get the package delivered to that particular country. Ask for help at the Post Office or FedEx or however you decide to ship. They'll be able to make sure your package gets where it should go. Also, be sure to allow enough time for the package to get there. Some places in the world move rather slowly on some types of deliveries.

6. PLEASE, if you don't truly want to send a gift or you feel that it will be a burden on you, DO NOT SIGN UP AS A PARTICIPANT! Your name and handle may get posted on the bulletin boards as being a Grinch!

7. If you do not receive anything from your appointed Santa by January 2, 2009, contact me and I will email you their name and email address, so that you can work it out with them. I Make No Guarantees and I Will Not Get Into The Middle Of Any Dispute. Sorry, but I'm just putting this event together. If you want to post their identity and that you didn't get anything from him/her, I can't stop you. This is another reason for not signing up as a participant, if you don't want to play fairly.

8.) I will close registrations on November 7th. The cut-off date will allow for more time to secure your gift and to get it in the mail by December 10th. Secret Santa Events have always worked because of the trust we have in our fellow Stokers (pipe smokers). You should know that, If you become a participant, there is a chance, a very slim chance but it’s possible, that you might not receive a gift. I reserve the right to refuse to allow certain people to participate. If someone had to cover your butt in the past or you are a well known arsehat its a good chance I'm telling you NO. Merry Christmas

9. The assignments will be totally random. To set the assignments, I will put the names and addresses on pieces of paper, put them in a hat, shake them up and have Bubba or da Bug draw them one by one. I know it's low-tech, but it works.

If you'd like to join up now feel free to shoot me a pm containing your Real Name, addy, phone number, and wish list.
Merry Christmas yall.

If your name doesn't show up here within a day or two of pm'ing me please say something on here..

Those signed up:

1. Mikem
2. Puros_bran
3. J the Huggie Huggster (hey if Ted can be the Nuggster J can be the Huggster)
4. Carlos
5. PipeBrew (pb2)
6. Natch
7. Ken.. Aka: Tobacco Hoarder Collins :D
8. Mark
9. Free Byrd (What song is it you wanna hear tonight Atlanta??? What a great live album)
10. Centurian
11. Jeepernick... Yeaaaaaaah!
12. JP
13. Chuck. (Another old Knoxer we don't see enough of)
14. Pdiddy

14 days goes quicker than you think.... Get in here while there's still time. :D

Hi pb, I'm in, Ken

(recorded but edited out for privacy sake..)

Western Home of The Spiritual Universe! :D

Yeah.... WE got Ole pipetongue to play one more year........ Reason enough to draw the mass's in.. Thanks Ken!

Have we stalled at 7?

C'mon guys, get in on this, trust me its always a blast.

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Seems like there were more last year. Regardless of how many sign up, it'll still be a blast.

We will have a few more.. There's still a week n a half.

JP n TJ are going to sign up.. And I think Ken could talk DPG into signin up, after all he is the only Mod/Admin not in it yet. LL and ScottyB need to sign up to promote their business....they could even get off cheaper than us by making a gift certificate for their services, I mean c'mon who doesn't need some pipe work done?

Speaking of finance... If you are tight on money, sign up and give out of your celler... I'm telling ya, this has always been a hoot.

I'm thinking about asking DPG make a private forum so only those signed up can watch it play out...that's half the fun right there.. That'd serve you grinches right. :D

puros_bran":obnknhfi said:
I'm thinking about asking DPG make a private forum so only those signed up can watch it play out...that's half the fun right there.. That'd serve you grinches right. :D
Now that is a fantastic idea.

We have the Jeepster. Woohooo

8 days guys, c'mon don't drag your feet.. I've been known to get excited and start early. Get in on the fun while you can.

I think I'm sending a lb and a pipe this year..

puros_bran":putcay8i said:
We will have a few more.. There's still a week n a half.

JP n TJ are going to sign up..
Ok! no pressure, right! I'm in. Makes twelve.

PM'n PB now.

Well JP signed up....

He didn't leave a wish list but shoot anyone that smokes Walnut will appreciate any thing with real tobacco it it :D :D :D :D :D

Heaven help the man he gets.. Walnut & Rum n Maple... Yuck.

puros_bran":68mqr0k9 said:
Well JP signed up....

He didn't leave a wish list but shoot anyone that smokes Walnut will appreciate any thing with real tobacco it it :D :D :D :D :D

Heaven help the man he gets.. Walnut & Rum n Maple... Yuck.
I promise that I won't send more than a sample of Walnut, but please feel free to send me all that you wish. :D

Come on TJ! I caved in, so can you!

puros_bran":vrqqscfy said:
Well JP signed up....

He didn't leave a wish list
Giving is from the heart and not from a list, not knocking lists but that is just how I feel. Anything will be a blessing to me. :D

Justpipes":aw9wmfso said:
puros_bran":aw9wmfso said:
Well JP signed up....

He didn't leave a wish list
Giving is from the heart and not from a list, not knocking lists but that is just how I feel. Anything will be a blessing to me. :D
But, some things are more of a blessing than others.