BoB Secret Santa 09...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine, already have a couple things in mind that are going into the package.

Well the weather outside is frightful. But the fire is so delightful.

Hey, it isn't even turkey day yet and it is kind of fun to already be thinking about Christmas. They are already playing Christmas music at the local Walmart.

I am not able to play this year but have in past years. So I wait to see how this SS is going to play out. It is almost as much fun as a box pass. Hope everyone has fun and Merry Christmas.

Noel

I figured mine out.. I know who my Santa is! :D

I've got part of my outbound box made up.. I'm just waiting on Hershey the 110lb 'Rope' factory to produce some Brown XX or some Black Irish X...... :D

Puff Daddy":8nvw2lzo said:
puros_bran":8nvw2lzo said:
I figured mine out.. I know who my Santa is!
How did you ever get it out of yourself? :lol:
got himself lickered up an sang like a canary,,,,

Got my package from my Secret Santa, Tuesday. Had to take the wife to Nashville the following day and so Wed and Thurs didn't think too much about it. Went to my favorite B & M today and then to a funeral so didn't think too much about it today. Now I'm sitting here, staring at this package and thinking I can be strong. After all it's only 42 more days. Yeah, I can do this. I can hold out. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
As Gomez Adams once said, "Such exquisite torture. I hope it lasts." :bounce:

OPEN IT!

Its in the fatmans rule book.... Section 183, subsection D, paragraph 3: Individuals are allowed to open BoB's SS boxes upon receipt to ensure any humidity sensitive products do not dry out and bring sorrow on the 25th.

Ok, so who am I to argue with the Fatman's Rule Book? I've always been one to obey the rules.

YEE HAW!!!! I'm in baccy heaven.

As I cut the seal on the package I knew I was in for a treat. The aroma of tobacco and just a hint of chocolate caused my mouth to start watering. Even my wife, who is not pleased with my pipe smoking, thought it smelled (dare I use the term?) yummy.

The box contained:

1. 100g tin of McClelland Dark Hollow. If I understand the sticker on the top this tin has been aging for five years. Should I open it or let it continue to age? No restraint - I'm gonna open that sucker. :oops:

2. 50g tin of Davidoff Green Mixture

3. 4oz of J M Boswell's Premium Burley (pardon me while I use a napkin to wipe my chin)

4. 2oz of Bright Burley

5. 2oz McClelland S100 Red Cake

6. 2oz of his own mix which smells like heaven. That was what I smelled when I opened the box.

I think I'll retreat to my "man cave" and smoke myself into a stupor. At least I would if I had a man cave. Guess I'm gonna have to build one now. :lol!:

Can't wait to start on this wonderful stash! I'll keep y'all posted as I try each blend. Great Big Yee Haw for my Secret Santa! :cheers:

Now I have to go find some matches. :pipe:

Now thats what I'm talking about..... :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Carlos":e31i7vvo said:
I better get started. Santa is running early.
Almost ready to ship. I'm not sending mine too early though. It wouldn't be much like Christmas! :D

Justpipes":u3t44pns said:
Carlos":u3t44pns said:
I better get started. Santa is running early.
Almost ready to ship. I'm not sending mine too early though. It wouldn't be much like Christmas! :D
Me too. Couple more weeks at least.

I got my "good little boy", but the word on the street is he's been a very bad boy this year, so coal and dottle it is! Well, that would be too cruel, so I guess I could find some really old Walnut and perhaps a few crumbs of that Banana-Nut-Apricot-Butterscotch-Cherry-Cream-Cavendish that I unfortunately bought years ago. :mrgreen:

Natch