BoB T-shirts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobie1dog

Reaction score
Did anyone ever do anything with the idea of T-shirts with the BoB logo on it? It was discussed several years back.

What the above 3 gents said!

Cheers,

RR

edit to add: I know of a good t-shirt company to use if this gets any traction. I'm not affiliated with them but have had custom shirts designed and run by them and they do short runs for reasonable costs, and their fabric is top-notch. Plus, their CS is some of the finest I've ever experienced.

2 Years ago I suggested that they take just the part that looks like an old sign outside a pipe shop and do that on a t-shirt, that way the Brothers of Briar is written out and there are 4 pipes displayed on it...everything is very obvious instead of the usual acronym that nobody has any idea what it is, or has to look closely to read it. The above logo is all we would need in those exact wood looking colors.

hobie1dog":3qqtutzg said:
2 Years ago I suggested that they take just the part that looks like an old sign outside a pipe shop and do that on a t-shirt, that way the Brothers of Briar is written out and there are 4 pipes displayed on it...everything is very obvious instead of the usual acronym that nobody has any idea what it is, or has to look closely to read it.  The above logo is all we would need in those exact wood looking colors.
That'd work! :)

Guys, copy paste the logo and have it printed at one of the tshirt printing shops.. It'd be easy.. And we established that it's BoB member property..cafepress or any number of sights can do it for you, for the same price Anyone else can do them for you and risk having umpteen tshirts left over.

Yea, need a higher resolution image. Otherwise the logo will be too small.

I wouldn't mind someone taking what's available and 'creating' something that would work. But in return for using BoB's name I'd ask they donate the work to the membership..

2 reasons, 1. it was a major pain in ass trying to affirm that we actually owned the BoB image the first go around and I don't want to go through that again. 2. We've held that BoB is owned by the members and for the benefit of the members from the very start.. Therefore if you borrow something from BoB (it's name and spirit in this instance) you need to give it back to BoB.

(FWIW: This is exactly the kind of conversation BoB's team of admins/mods/council members have when y'all ask crap.. Well except I usually want to ban people)

puros_bran":htlu337l said:
I wouldn't mind someone taking what's available and 'creating' something that would work.  But in return for using BoB's name I'd ask they donate the work to the membership..  

2 reasons,  1. it was a major pain in ass trying to affirm that we actually owned the BoB image the first go around and I don't want to go through that again.  2. We've held that BoB is owned by the members and for the benefit of the members from the very start.. Therefore if you borrow something from BoB (it's name and spirit in this instance) you need to give it back to BoB.  

(FWIW: This is exactly the kind of conversation BoB's team of admins/mods/council members have when y'all ask crap.. Well except I usually want to ban people)
I think once the image is the right size you can just have café press print them at will, or go in on a group buy. It'd be cheaper that way. As to the image and tshirts all rights revert to BoB. I don't have an issue with that at all. :)

Being serious..

Say we pawn 20 off on the suckers, errrr.. I mean members.. We get them for $268 ($241 + $27shipping).. Then we have 19 more shipping charges and 19 boxes/padded envelopes/whatever..

Cost ends up equal to each member just buying his own. Plus you alleviate someone having to handle them and get blamed for lost mail, wrong sizes, and all the other stuff that ALWAYS happens.

I'm not saying you can't do it. If you want to proceed, knock yourself out. I'm just giving a different perspective.

alandadp":7n8dj4ml said:
puros_bran":7n8dj4ml said:
I think we should ban eklektos44, just saying..
eklektos44":7n8dj4ml said:
I don't have an issue with that at all.  :D
Don't you love Cut and Paste

:lol!:
eklektos44":7n8dj4ml said:
Hey now... :suspect:

Times like this I wish we had a 'Thanks' or 'Like' button.   Lol.