BoB Zippo?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's called a "Maxima cocktail".

(Molotov cocktail for reference)

From the research and checking I did Zippo no longer does "custom" logo lighters but sold that portion of the business to a company called Leed's out of Pennsylvania. From what I can tell the minimum order on custom lighters with a logo is fifty. It looks like the cheapest (depending on whether chrome or brass) goes anywhere from around $25 to $35. This is with one name and logo (one color). Not sure if it is extra for the pipe type Zippo's. Here is their Internet site.

http://www.leedsba.com/products/view.asp?mc=tools+%26+lighters&sc=Zippo+Lighters

thomas james":l5xo25j8 said:
Zippo?

I fill my Ser Jac Maxima Maxima Maxima with Walnut. Douse it liberally with lighter fluid. Put a match to it.

BOOM!
I blieve anybady what would reruin a good bowl of tobacer like that ought ta have ther..........well, ya know!!!

Mikem":logce277 said:
From the research and checking I did Zippo no longer does "custom" logo lighters but sold that portion of the business to a company called Leed's out of Pennsylvania. From what I can tell the minimum order on custom lighters with a logo is fifty. It looks like the cheapest (depending on whether chrome or brass) goes anywhere from around $25 to $35. This is with one name and logo (one color).
Here's an example of the ASP club pipe. I have the one done in brushed brass. It has prices listed, which should give some idea of the individual cost.

http://www.aspipes.org/zippos.html

Bill":8hc2pxhs said:
Mikem":8hc2pxhs said:
From the research and checking I did Zippo no longer does "custom" logo lighters but sold that portion of the business to a company called Leed's out of Pennsylvania. From what I can tell the minimum order on custom lighters with a logo is fifty. It looks like the cheapest (depending on whether chrome or brass) goes anywhere from around $25 to $35. This is with one name and logo (one color).
Here's an example of the ASP club pipe. I have the one done in brushed brass. It has prices listed, which should give some idea of the individual cost.

http://www.aspipes.org/zippos.html
Very good prices IMHO. Cheaper than I expected.

Quick little update on how we'll proceed on this. I'm currently working with a logo designer to create a logo that is more print friendly than our current board logo. Simple design with just a few colors. So far the concepts are looking good and I'm waiting to hear back on possibly a logo series that we can use to produce different versions, perhaps yearly.

With the considerable cost involved I can't yet justify doing a Zippo right off the bat but I will put up a store front with various products. I will take any profits from that and bank them for future projects like a board Zippo, a stamp for board pipes, or some other cool product. I'm not out to make any money from this, just want to add to the community we have here.

As always we're interested in hearing from you so keep the ideas coming.

Thanks Jason!

Sounds like you are on top of it and heading in the right direction.

Danish_Pipe_Guy":16o0gvx8 said:
Several years ago I contacted Zippo to make an SHPC club lighter. The problem with doing them was that we had to place a mimimum order of 20-30 lighters as I recall. I guess we'd have to see if we have 20-30 folks here that would buy them?
Hell yes, I'd buy one.

Count me in. Hell, I ride a Harley. I have more logo tshirts than you can shake a stick at. Count me in on the zippo too. :cheers: