BOBAAG - BoB Acronym and Abbreviation Guide

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's something to add: I think PM stands for Presbyterian Mixture.

BTW great idea for the BoB acronym guide. It's very helpful for an ignoramus like me. :face:

Thanks for putting this together. It took me quite awhile to get up to speed on the short versions of tobacco names. This will be very helpful to all members.

PS stuff is wrong. It's PSLNF. PSLTF. etc. the L for luxury is almost always included.

I was just reading the recently posted topic about "Aging." There were 2 abbreviations regarding cigars: CC and NC. From the context I assume that CC = Cuban Cigars and NC = Nicaraguan Cigars but I am not 100% sure. These are not pipe tobacco related abbreviations but many times references to cigar smoking come up in posts.

Thanks for the list! I was hoping someone would do this since it wasn't until your fine work that I knew what PAD and TAD meant (I was too sheepish to appear IGNORANT :)) BTW... how 'bout FMC (Frog Morton's Cellar)?

That's interesting. I know that folks are using "FMC" for "Fragrant Matured Cake," which is a general line from McClelland.

I don't think myself, you or BoB can arbitrarily make up acronyms, people have to start using them commonly before they can be truly defined. :lol: But if BoB starts calling Frog Morton's Cellar "FMC" and also refers to Fragrant Matured Cake as "FMC" the two tobaccos can share.

8)

Works for me... I didn't see FMC anywhere in your list and I was not familiar with the other FMC. I think I'll just continue to mention Frog Morton's Cellar. 8)

I'm not sure anyone else is using these besides me, but I sure like Newminster's (NM) Superior Navy Flake (SNF) and Superior Round Slices (SRS).