Boehner

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
Apparently, former House Speaker John Boehner has joined the board of Reynolds American.

I don't what, if anything, this would mean...but with "Big Tobacco" helping drive the new FDA regs, that's a pretty heavy hitter (regardless of what you think of his politics, he's pretty connected) to add to lineup. I'm not sure it's BAD news for us insofar as a the FDA regs are concerned, but it certainly isn't good.

If he's as effective there as he was during his feckless tenure in the House, we shouldn't have anything to worry about. I can't see him influencing anything, good or bad. The man is a walking zero, judging by anything I've seen over the years.

trio10.jpg
" />

He is bad news. He wasn't popular with the republican side because he took bribes, errr I mean Donations, from the wrong corporations.

Altria, BAT, Imperial, & Japan are 100% backing these new regs, and if you think for a second they aren't look at that line in the sand they drew with the grandfather date... 2007. Wanna guess when ecigs took off like a bat out of hell and stopped people from smoking? Later in 2007. Now go look at each of these groups and see what kind of ecigs they sell. I can tell you without looking. It's the gas station ecigs like Blu, 501/KR808/903 stick ecigs that are more expensive than the actual cigs, and they didn't work. That's why we started using flashlight batteries,, and punching holes in the cartomozer and sticking them in Pyrex tanks so we could vape more than 30 minutes juice..That's when ecigs took off and really started stepping on the pecker of Big Tobacco, and Big Pharm. eff these idiots
They were never going after pipe tobacco, we just got caught in the crossfire.

We keep saying "okay, we give, but here! Here is our new line in the sand!! Then they step over that and we say "okay, we give, but here, right here mister is our new line and you better not cross it! And they do again. At some point we have to be serious.

puros_bran":95m4lkg0 said:
Pursuant to the article; I quote

"NJOY was founded in 2006 as Sottera, under which name it was a party in the famed legal case which forced the FDA to regulate e-cigarettes as tobacco products rather than medical devices. It became NJOY in 2012."

I suppose this was to cut costs. But, as they are regulated as a tobacco product, now I see why the FDA went the direction they did to shut them down. Everything else tobacco related seems to be collateral damage.

Thanks guys!