Bombed by DrumsAndBeer.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_In_MO

Smoker of Fine Aromatics
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Bombed by a fellow Brother.  This wonderful package came in the mail today.

Thank You Very Much, Chris.  You truly are a Brother!  8)

I can't wait to try the Grousemoor!  Devil's Holiday is a fine aro as well, and always welcome here.
The other treat i'm really looking forward to trying is the Esoterica - Ramsgate.
That one will be saved for sampling last.

Well done to both Culprits, great to see you here again Rob, we aint spoke for a while now but your always a pleasure to talk to my friend.

Some of you may be thinking "What kind of sinister fiend sends someone a tin of Grousemoor?" :lol:

The Grousemoor was a solicited request, the Devil's Holiday tin and the Ramsgate sample were to somewhat make up for pipe that Rob may have to throw out after he smokes the Grousemoor. :p

Lol.

Good on both of you gentle..errrr. Well. Good on both you guys.

Brewdude":y5h5xw55 said:
Well played Chris. And a most excellent target. It'll be interesting to see what Rob thinks of the Grousemoor!

:eek: 

Cheers,

RR
Me too.

Another RAK in the ranks!

Sweet!

(RAK, ((i.e., Random Act of Kindness)) )

Hey, did I just make an acronym?

Ozark Wizard":4q2e2sjd said:
Another RAK in the ranks!

Sweet!

Hey, did I just make an acronym?

Yes, I believe you just did Ozzy. Not seen that until just now but it makes perfect sense.

That one should now be listed on the acronym thread. Just sayin'.

Cheers,

RR

After some discussion in another thread Commonwealth is the next SG on my list to try. But help me out, what's the deal with Grousemoor? Ramsgate is the only one of those three I've had and I think it's amazing.

allyby":gqyj9xyh said:
Well done to both Culprits, great to see you here again Rob, we aint spoke for a while now but  your always a pleasure to talk to my friend.
Ally!  What's been going on, Brother?  Long time no chat.  I promise not to stay gone so long again.  Actually I plan on hanging around pretty regularly - unless they run me off.  :lol:

puros_bran":gqyj9xyh said:
Good on both of you gentle..errrr. Well.  Good on both you guys.
PB is just jealous, pay no mind to his ramblings.   :p

Brewdude":gqyj9xyh said:
Well played Chris. And a most excellent target. It'll be interesting to see what Rob thinks of the Grousemoor!
Had a long day at work, then 2 yards to mow this evening.  Will get to the Grousemoor tomorrow.

Ozark Wizard":gqyj9xyh said:
Ozzy - great acronym!  Definitely a keeper imho.

DrumsAndBeer - thanks again for the tins and sample!

They are greatly appreciated, and if the Grousemoor tastes half as good as it smells, it could well become a regular in my rotation.

Tomorrow will be the test for sure. I have a new-ish MM Diplomat broke in with a neutral tobacco (Carter Hall), so the flavors should be able to shine through in the first bowl.

8)

juanmedusa":t3bpk6ih said:
After some discussion in another thread Commonwealth is the next SG on my list to try. But help me out, what's the deal with Grousemoor? Ramsgate is the only one of those three I've had and I think it's amazing.
Juan - what's why i'm saving (what I believe will be) the best for last. :cheers:

I'm not jealous.. My heart is filled with joy that two bottom shelf hoodlums are finding solace together by exchanging unsmokable tobacco. :p :p :p

Actually Grousmoor isn't bad. The company produces other aromatics that I would reach for first but all in all its okay stuff. But I have a fondness for the English Aromatics also know as Lakelands.

Ok - just finished a bowl of Grousemoor.

This is a puzzling yet interesting blend.  Maybe iwas expecting more of an Aromatic by the description.  But let me say that I was not disappointed in the bowl.

It's not really an aromatic (or what I consider to be an aromatic), and not really a normal VA in taste either.  Kinda reminds me of Earl Gray tea, which is fine.  I didn't detect much of a flowery smell in the tin, but there was a welcome fruity aroma - typical of certain aro blends. The moisture content was perfect.  It lit easily, very few relights, and was enjoyable down to the bottom of the bowl.  It did seem to get stronger about the last 1/3 of the bowl, but that's completely understandable, and not unwelcome.  Room note was not overpowering, and rather pleasant.  My wife didn't even complain when she woke up this morning. ( she hates the smell of English / Lat blends first thing in the morning, so I stick with aro's in the early hours. )   :lol:

It will take a couple more bowls and more analysis of this blend, but I will say that i'll definitely be finishing the Tin - and possibly locating more of this stuff!

Very well done Chris, and congrats to you Rob.

:twisted: