Bombed by the Wizard!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ozzy got me good......to wit:

A handmade pipe from native woods found in the Mark Twain National Forest. His cover letter states that no trees were harvested for the materials. Only "from trees that had long surrendered their lives to time or other natural forces".

If I had the ability to take and post pics I would. Alas, that's not the case so I'll describe it as best I can-

Measures about 9" long. Straight stem. Dark wood.

Bowl is a different material than the stem. Lighter in appearance. Kind of a billiard shape, yet not. On reflection perhaps more of a barrel. Ya, that's it....a barrel!

Bowl is 1 5/8" tall, 1 1/16" wide at the top (this tapers), chamber 1/2" wide x approx 1 1/4" deep.

Drilling is spot on. Draw is effortless and very open. This will need to be packed carefully so as not to overheat the 'weed. NBG, I can deal with that.

In addition, Ozzy sent me a prototype blend that he developed recently. "Incestuous Blend". In its own little cool custom tin too. Here's the description he provided-

"Is that banjos you hear? No? Well, after enjoying a pipe full of this you just might.

A haphazard mix of stoved bright Virginias a heap of Perique, and a threat of Latakia."

That you selected me to be a recipient to all this is above and beyond brother. I'm suitably humbled!

:pale: 

Tasting notes will be offered in due course. And you are clearly target for retribution!

:bball: 

Cheers,

RR

A small bowl is nice for Perique heavy blends for me, there's a better chance of finishing the bowl......

Glad you're happy, and thanks for the compliments!

It warms one's soul to read posts like these! Having seen pics of Wiz ' s work I'd say you're in for a treat there Rande old chum. Even the 'chew' finish looks great.

Nicely played OW. Mentioned in Dispatches.

Congrats on scoring one of Ozarks handmades for your rack Rande! I think mine is one of the most unique and best looking pipes in my collection!

Sound's good. Congrats Rande, Ozzy makes some nice blends. I am still smoking a few of the samples he sent me a while back.

Congrats, Brewdude, and good on ya, OzWiz! That's what it's all about! Merry Christmas to both of ya's!