Book help please

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score
I ordered the Complete Sherlock Holmes, 2 Volume Set that apparently has:
Volume One 480 Pages Includes
1. A Study in Scarlett, a Novel
2. The Sign of Four, a Novel
3. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, 12 Short Stories
4. Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes , 11 Short Stories

Volumn Two 1122 Pages Includes,
1. The Return of Sherlock Holmes 13 Short Stories
2. The Hound of Baskersville, a Novel
3. The Valley of Fear, a Novel
4. His Last Bow, 8 Short Stories
5. The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes, 12 Short Stories.

But I also have 5 individual books:
Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
The Return of Sherlock Holmes
The Valley of Fear
His Last Bow
The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes

All 5 of the books are like 250 pages. Is there extra in these that isn't in the 2 volume complete set? Just wondering because I plan on reading them all and don't really see a need to double read things and if I can just tote the 2 volume set around then I don't need to tote the others around and can mail them home when I get somewhere with mail access. Thanks

Seems to me that you should be alright. I think you have the same two volume set I do, and I believe it is unabridged. The math almost adds up, I'd assume the discrepancy has to two with the difference in typeface.

Dave_In_Philly":iy6pzcc5 said:
Seems to me that you should be alright. I think you have the same two volume set I do, and I believe it is unabridged. The math almost adds up, I'd assume the discrepancy has to two with the difference in typeface.
Thank you much Dave. I want to read ALL the Sherlock stories but not twice lol. I however definitely don't mind having extra copies to throw at the kids one day, the 2 volume set is from 1930 do they aren't getting their hands on them lol.