Book Review: Tee Ceremony; A Cosmic Duffer's Companion...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tee Ceremony: A Cosmic Duffer’s Companion to The Ancient Game of Golf
Sacred Ruminations and Profane Observations about Golf and Life

By Dan Camilli

Available at Amazon and BarnesandNoble.com

FYI: You can read a sample of the book at Amazon "Look Inside" feature:

http://www.amazon.com/Tee-Ceremony-Duffers-Companion-Ancient/dp/1512242659/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432955095&sr=8-1&keywords=camilli

This is DEFINITELY not an instructional book and the author says so in his introduction.

It is a humorous yet informative journey into the philosophical and mystical aspects of golf and life.

Camilli , a long time philosophy instructor with a Harvard Degree, calls himself a “Cosmic Duffer” and explains that he views golf as a kind of moving meditation – an interesting take on golf.

The chapters are short and free ranging; addressing diverse topics such as cigars and pipes which he loves and devotes a chapter to ! , golf partners, driving distance liars, and putting to name but a few. He does this with a sense of humor; likening your golf game to owning an old car- when you fix one thing another breaks down.

The book also includes a series of funny golf cartoons and quotes by philosophers and writers.

If you’ve ever wondered how an appreciation for cigars and pipes can improve your golf game, you might want to check this one out.

Pipedreamer973

My favorite part is about cigars and pipes. Just like reading about them. My reading list this year isn't too long, but I have a couple of books about pipes too:

H. Paul Jeffers The Perfect Pipe;
Robin Crole: Pipe: The Art and Lore of a Great Tradition.

Cheers,
Brian
pipes addict
from Phoenix, AZ